C5 tourer 2008 tailgate bulb removal HELP.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bazzer
My Cars:

C5 tourer 2008 tailgate bulb removal HELP.

Post by Bazzer »

I need to change a side light bulb in the tailgate, this sounds easily enough but not so on this car. The handbook is less than useless. you have to remove a small plastic square piece of the panelling inside the the tailgate where the bulb is. You can now see the bulb fitting, the hand book says remove the wiring plug from the bulb housing then remove the bulb housing, where you can then change the bulb and replace everything in reverse order. I got as far as taking off the small square panel,i tried pulling the wiring plug off but not wanting to force it and risk breaking it, i decided to ask for help on how it is supposed to come off. Are there some lugs holding it on and do these need freeing first, if so where are they and how do i locate them. Also if i managed to free this plug how does the bulb holder come off. Is there an easy way of changing these bulbs as i should imagine i will need to do this again in the future.Any help would be great. I don't really want to take it into the garage and cost me a fortune for such a simple thing.
centurus2400

Re: C5 tourer 2008 tailgate bulb removal HELP.

Post by centurus2400 »

OK, there is a sort of retaining lug on the connector which you have to depress while sliding the connector off. Once you know the knack its quite easy. Shine a torch up into there and you can see how to do it.
Once the connector is off, unto and remove the wing nut that you can see. The lamp unit can then be taken out of the tailgate. The bulb holders are all in one unit, you have to spring a couple of lugs and then it comes away from the light. fit new bulb and replace.
Bazzer
My Cars:

Re: C5 tourer 2008 tailgate bulb removal HELP.

Post by Bazzer »

thanks centurus for that, a job for this weekend i think. A garage told me it would need the inside panelling taking off and would be about an hours work involved.