does anyone know?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

visa_gti_1.9
My Cars:

does anyone know?

Post by visa_gti_1.9 »

how many visa GTI are left in uk?
can anyone tell me where there are any more?
and do they fancy meeting up?
and finally is there an owners club on the net?
many ta's!
steve[:D]
benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

they have mostly rotted into bits i think.
i know of the whereabouts of one, i dont think its going anywhere in a hurry. defo a rare car now!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

well im picking another one up tommorow. Its a runner, black C reg mk1 105ch for the pricely sum of £35 heh. Needs new clutch exhaust and few others bits all of which I have spare but the bulkheads quite rusted so I will probably end up using it for spares if its beyond economical repair.
Dont know about an owners group but theres a Yahoo mailing list whose name I forget but will find out tonight where people post quite regularly but its all visas however some on there talk about gti's.
visa_gti_1.9
My Cars:

Post by visa_gti_1.9 »

35 quid!!! you must have good contacts, i cant find any anywhere for sale!
do you fancy doing an online gti register?
steve
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

If you can find any other owners :)
A friend of mine sold his recently. It was standard spec but had a roll cage etc as he used it for sprints, tons of spares and so on. only got a couple hundred for it I think.
Pick the new one up on saturday morning then carry on removing the wiring loom and rear suspension of my other one before starting to bolt things back into my sprint one (!)
visa_gti_1.9
My Cars:

Post by visa_gti_1.9 »

thats what we need t do isnt it, find more owners, i am very entsiastic about my car.
where abouts are you based?
steve
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

im down in east sussex on the coast. the only other gti's ive heard of being used in competition was probably the one you have. (red 1.9 road rallies too much of a coincedence not to be the same), the one my friend had and i read about one up near leads that did some sprints before but that was a couple of years ago.
There are quite a few still being used in france. Theres a rally series that runs in Normandy where theres often a 4wd mille piste and a couple of fwd chronos/trophees entered. I have so many brouchers etc its almost stupid :)
My rarest sighting was of a white GT Tonic in france which they only sold in germany.
I had a weird thing at a sprint before. I was in my 16v Visa and the bloke checking noise levels was next to his red zx 16v (same as my road car) and preceded to tell me how he used to rally a Chrono in england and had driven a mille piste, small world :)
visa_gti_1.9
My Cars:

Post by visa_gti_1.9 »

so your a fair way down from me then!!
im based near s****horpe.
yeh, my car is actually known about the uk.
ill email you some pics of her if you like.
expect an email in 5 mins
steve
visa_gti_1.9
My Cars:

Post by visa_gti_1.9 »

s c u n t h o r p e !!
have you got msn messenger at all?
steve
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

lol , love how it removed your town name :D
yer as darren@visagti.co.uk probably online at the moment but thats the pc at home idling away so dont expect a responce unless it gets a mind of its own :)
visa_gti_1.9
My Cars:

Post by visa_gti_1.9 »

ive sent you three matey!
get back to me when you get em!!
steve
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Don't know about Visa GTi's but I do know where there's a BX 16V, with the engine still in it. (scrappy) For all you conversion nuts.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi All,
Talking about pics, is there anywhere i can look up all the various models? ax, bx, Volcane, Saxa, etc etc? as a newbie to citroens it would help me a lot if i could see the car people are talking about, and learn what variations are available re engines, etc. For example I almost bought a 1993 Aura till I found it it had no power steering? I thought all Aura's had it as standard? Duhh
I am in need of some serious educating.. lots of catching up to do! lol
Cheers.. James..
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi James -
Julian Marsh's website is about the point of origin - if you're interested in Citroens.
But BE WARNED !
The site is so crammed with Citroen information and links - it will take you weeks to get around all corners [8D]
Chances are you get sick by the lack of sleep [:D][:D]
http://www.citroenet.org.uk/
A more weird peep into a Citroen collector's world is found here :
http://www.citroen.mb.ca/citroenet/phot ... rch01.html
If you ever see the logo : << Citroen Ring >> - then try it out - as this takes you into a breathless tour to literally HUNDREDS of dedicated Citroen websites.
Being a Citroen owner - you soon discover you're a member of a huge world-wide community.
visa_gti_1.9
My Cars:

Post by visa_gti_1.9 »

many thanks for the email darren, a great insite into what cars you have/have had!
ill have to chat to you more often as i cant seem to find anyone to enthusise with bout visas, but now i think i have!
steve