Lexia re-flash?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Lexia re-flash?

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I'm a bit up in the air with this. I bought my Lexia through the offer of discount on this site (Lexia group discount through moderator? )
a fair while ago, it was supposed to be one of the better ones at the time however I never really got round to using it because the laptop I intended to use it on turned out to be useless.

I now have a better laptop with Windows 7 so downloaded and installed the latest Diagbox through the Easy diagnostics site, it was suggested that the Lexia would need a flash update to work with Win 7 so I asked Jim at easyD to do that

Jim asked me to load Teamviewer which I did, then a time for the re-flash was arranged and he asked for the password, I don't know if it was done or not and Jim hasn't responded to my message through his 'contact us' link.

So, does it need flashing? I don't know, did he re-flash it? I don't know. Any suggestions please?

I'm reluctant to connect it to a car until I'm sure it's not going to stuff things up.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Northern_Mike

Re: Lexia re-flash?

Post by Northern_Mike »

Connect it up and see if it works Eric. Mine didn't need flashing to work with Windows 7. It's an EasyDiagnostics one that's about 4 years old. I'm not sure what firmware it is or how to tell, but it worked with both 7 and XP fine.

It can't break anything just connecting it and giving it a try.

I don't like flashing any firmware unless I really need to. It's part of my job. It's a lot less hit-and-hope than it used to be but we've still broken stuff in the last 12 months!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Thanks Mike, I'll give it a try when the ice melts. :( . Car's going good but there must be a lot of un-cleared fault messages on it from the previous, now sorted, problems.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Unless you KNOW that a re-flash is required to resolve an issue, don't. The exception here would be if the Lexia is using one of the blacklisted Chinese chipsets, and this needs to be addressed.

As Mike has said, a re-flash can cause problems, but it can also overcome them. I upgraded the memory on my PC, and what came out was then installed onto my cousins' PC. According to the motherboard handbook the memory was within the spec level it could handle. Unfortunately this was not the case, and it was not uncommon for the PC to now crash two or three times a day (more often when playing games, the main purpose of said PC). Re-flashing the BIOS with the most up to date version not only resolved this problem, it also cleared up a couple of minor glitches that were not a major hindrance.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!