Dispatch (/Jumpy/Expert/Scudo) 2.0HDi Gearbox Removal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gully.moy

Dispatch (/Jumpy/Expert/Scudo) 2.0HDi Gearbox Removal

Post by gully.moy »

Hi!

This is my first post so I hope I'm in the right place. Just wondering if anyone has any experience taking the Gearbox out of one of these?

I've got a 2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDi. It's the 110bhp one (RHZ). I've managed to find a donor vehicle (2002 Peugeot Expert) which comes up as the exact same model on Service Box. Only difference I can tell besides the badge is that mine is the post face-lift model, but that should just be cosmetic. I've also got a retired mechanic friend who's willing to help me and another mechanic willing to lend me their car pit, tools and a helping hand. The scrap yard are taking the donor gearbox out by brute force, but that leaves it to us to remove the faulty box.

So my retired mechanic was looking for some tips on getting it free. He's concerned that there is a cross-member blocking the way to get the box out of the bottom. He'd rather avoid taking the whole engine out if possible. I read somewhere that it might be possible to free the engine and move it to the driver's side, creating enough space to drop the gearbox out of the bottom. Can anyone confirm that it is possible on the 2.0 models? I also read that you can take the front of the van off. Is that a lot of palaver? Does anyone have any other ideas or tips?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Gully.

Technical specifications:
According to Service Box it's the 900 Short Van DW10BTED+, if that lot means anything to anyone! The gearbox is listed as 2222 EF or 2223 LE which I believe are also known as 20 LM19, from the ML/5C family.
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Dispatch (/Jumpy/Expert/Scudo) 2.0HDi Gearbox Removal

Post by Lighty »

We usually drop the subframe to get the box out of these vehicles, don't think it is possible otherwise, unless you lift the whole engine & box out.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami