xantia rear wont go down

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

william laskey
My Cars:

xantia rear wont go down

Post by william laskey »

hi all. i have a 94d xantia and everything is going wrong at once first is the rear end is now stuck right up and wont go down i went under and put half a tin of wd40 on the linkages i could see. does anyone no how many linkages there are to do. last week the clutch plastic cable holder the one on the clutgh pedle broke nightmare job i got a freind to do that and a new cable but i am having great trouble getting any gears now. agusting the cable lasts only a day or two then i have to stop car put in gear to get away agian getting worse when engine warms up any photos of under the car would help as im not the greatest at diy its not looking to good as im unemployed and dealers prices are out of my pocket
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

This supension fault can be caused by several things, one being seizure of the pivots on the HC/linkage bracket or breakage or disengagement of the plastic ball link from the anti roll bar to the HC linkage.
Check the plastic link is still there, then make sure the two pivots move without sticking.
Don't want to upset you but the clutch sounds like it could become terminal at any moment if adjustment only lasts that long, on the 19D's the release bearings can cut their way through the fingers on the pressure plate, eventualy the bearing goes right through and the clutch is inoperable, but since it has just had work done on the cable look for anything obviously wrong with its instalation.
TAKE CARE WHEN GOING UNDERNEATH A HYDRAULIC CITROEN, it must be firmly supported.
Dave
william laskey
My Cars:

Post by william laskey »

thanks dave for you help clutch is now dragging when pedel is pressed to the floor cant understand it.it was ok till the cable was done. i thought you needed to change clutch when it slips hoping anway