C5 X7 indicator bulbs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

centurus2400

C5 X7 indicator bulbs

Post by centurus2400 »

Those of you who own this car will at some stage find out that the front indicator bulbs are nearly £40 each from your local dealer :shock:
At the moment there are some available on ebay for almost half price:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-CITRO ... 1349013563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had another slight shock when I decided to replace the fuel filter, which is the original.
My car has a sealed unit where you have to change the whole thing, though the advantage is I guess that there's no danger of getting dirt into the fuel system.
The list price is over £60, but oddly enough the best price was on Amazon at just over half that. The part number is Purflux 582.

Hope this information is of use.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: C5 X7 indicator bulbs

Post by vborovic »

I've found 2x Philips genuine PSY24W on aliexpress, for 40 USD ... there are even LED replacements for those who want to experiment ... about the fuel filter, you're talking about the unleaded or diesel fuel (your car)? I have my car maintenance in a few days, the diesel fuel filter being also on the replace list, and I don't remember the Citroen quote being that pricey ...
centurus2400

Re: C5 X7 indicator bulbs

Post by centurus2400 »

The Purflux 582 was only used for one year so it would seem - you've probably got a different and cheaper one!