MAF Sensor Issues...

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

MAF Sensor Issues...

Post by DHallworth »

A friend of mine has done a nut and bolt restore on a 205 GTi.

When he did the restore he has changed the engine for a Xsara VTS engine. For the electrics to work, it's running a 306 GTi wiring loom and ECU from a Phase 2 306.

The car has a cold start issue where it cuts out unless you keep the revs on until it's up to standard operating temperature. Once it's up to temperature, the car has a flat spot.

I said to him that the issue sounded like a MAP sensor problem so he ordered a new genuine MAP sensor and changed it, this made no difference whatsoever. We plugged it into Peugeot Planet tonight and had a look at the codes, I was right about the issue being a MAP sensor fault as that was the only fault showing. We had a look at the wiring diagram and checked for any breaks in the loom going back to the ECU, all tested ok.

We then took the MAF off the Activa and measured the voltages at the plug and compared this to the 205. Again, everything tested ok. We tried the MAF from my red V6 XM and the brand new MAF that I've got on the Activa and none of them made any difference.

In Peugeot Planet the reading for the MAF was stationary and wasn't changing at all when the engine was revved so I'm fairly sure that it's definitely a fault with the MAP sensor.

My pins outs are:

Pin 1: ECU
Pin 2: Negative
Pin 3: Positive

Any advice that you guys can offer would be much appreciated as I'm at a loss now, other then the ECU I don't know what else to try!

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel