Lexia 3 / Diabox V7.57

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ito

Lexia 3 / Diabox V7.57

Post by ito »

Hi, I recently purchased a Lexia 3 set of diagnostic kit, from a Chinese company (very quickly delivered=3days! - OBD tool.co.uk), initally their software was a bit difficult to load into my laptop which is running Windows XP professional, and after a steep learning curve got it functioning, but it became unstable (flickering etc) on the very function I needed!.
I then purchased another set from Ebay which was quickly loaded without difficulty and seems to be working correctly.
My question is this, in trying to diagnose a non starting van (56 reg 2.2 Relay) I can read the static info ok with the ignition switched on, but is there anyway of viewing the activity whilst the starter is running? It will show engine revs as Zero but then it is, as its not running! Being of the older generation, I need someone a bit more computer savvy to talk me through, or is the information I am looking for (fuel pressure whilst cranking, cranking speed) just not available with this diagnostic set up, or is it that I have purchased some kit which is not up to this job? Please no intensly computeristic jargon please if you are so kind as to reply, I'm not a computer scientist! thanks, Sam
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Lexia 3 / Diabox V7.57

Post by RichardW »

If you are on the parameters page for the engine ECU then it should show live data for cranking speed and rail pressure. If the speed resolutely stays at zero (does the rail pressure rise?) then that may well be the answer - crank sensor is carked. Can you see a box that says cam/crank synchronisation? This should change to yes when cranking. But then if there's no signal from the crank sensor, it won't....
Richard W
ito

Post by ito »

Thanks Richard, I'll have a look today.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I think that a good possible starting point would be to ask a local member with a Lexia to arrange a session with their Lexia, to make sure that you do have a working Lexia (and to compare the results). Here is the map of such members;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the cranking sensor has failed then the engine cannot start. I believe (I am not sure, but those with more knowledge will confirm/correct me) that if the RPM is below a threshold (for some reason 200RPM comes to mind) the injectors will not be triggered (so won't let fuel into the cylinders), even if there is sufficient pressure.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I don't think there's a min cranking speed (could be wrong though...!) it only looks for min rail pressure - and if the crank speed is low / pump a bit tried, then this will not be met, and no start situation results.
Richard W
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

This does suggest the HDi engine does have a minimum RPM requirement;

http://www.nosmokenopoke.com/forum/show ... eplacement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know what the minimum is for the 2.2l HDi engine.

EDIT; Page 4 of this PDF gives more information, based on a Siemens HDi setup;

http://static.kristoz.com/wordpress/wp- ... IEMENS.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ito

Post by ito »

Thanks for the help, which enabled me to get closer to the problem, although no sign in my diagnostics of the crank/cam sync!
ito

Post by ito »

Thanks Hellraiser! The siemens article is very relevant. Now managing to get some coherent results and figuring Diabox, with a fuel pressure of 8 bar whilst cranking at 225 rpm looks either the regulator or high pressure pump is at fault, easier to change the regulator, so awaiting a spare at the moment and crossing my fingers- new price of a high pressure pump is £340 (Eurocarparts), second hand reg from a running engine is £25! I'm a retired electronics technician, last proper job was as a technician with Smiths Aerspace, if I am having difficulties, how are jobbing mechanics/fitters of my generation managing to cope with all this, no wonder lots of vehicles are being scrapped needlessly and are all the guys who cut their teeth on points/condensers etc figuring out an exit strategy? Sam
Dave1987

Post by Dave1987 »

ito wrote:Hi, I recently purchased a Lexia 3 set of diagnostic kit, from a Chinese company (very quickly delivered=3days! - OBD tool.co.uk), initally their software was a bit difficult to load into my laptop which is running Windows XP professional, and after a steep learning curve got it functioning, but it became unstable (flickering etc) on the very function I needed!.
I then purchased another set from Ebay which was quickly loaded without difficulty and seems to be working correctly.
My question is this, in trying to diagnose a non starting van (56 reg 2.2 Relay) I can read the static info ok with the ignition switched on, but is there anyway of viewing the activity whilst the starter is running? It will show engine revs as Zero but then it is, as its not running! Being of the older generation, I need someone a bit more computer savvy to talk me through, or is the information I am looking for (fuel pressure whilst cranking, cranking speed) just not available with this diagnostic set up, or is it that I have purchased some kit which is not up to this job? Please no intensly computeristic jargon please if you are so kind as to reply, I'm not a computer scientist! thanks, Sam
There is no OBD tool.co.uk site, what i found is obdtoolshop.co.uk. Maybe they have changed the name
software is a bit difficult to load, but OK with a video guide

firmware is better built than ebay lexia cable