Advice before Buying a Berlingo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

madwelshman

Advice before Buying a Berlingo

Post by madwelshman »

Hey folks,

I'm new on here and there seems to be a hell of a lot of info to take in.
So :-) as the title says, I'm looking to get rid of my Daihatsu Fourtrak and buy a Berlingo. Now I've driven quite a few Pugs with the XUD lump in and know how good and reliable they are, but am unsure weather I should stick to that engine, or go for an HDI.
My driving will be varied, some local, some longer journeys. I have always driven diesels fairly hard(keeps them clean in my mind), but never until fully warmed up and never had any emisions problems on my Pugs come MOT time.

Can anyone tell me when the HDI's were introduced to the Berlingo and which one (1.6 or 2.0) is the most reliable, fault free engine overall.
I know and appreciate that it depends a lot on servicing, driving styles, abuse etc, but a general overall idea would be very helpful.
Also, DPF's, which HDI's had them and from when? I've read they were introduced in 2006. Is this right?
Also2, dual mass flywheels, which engines had them and from when if anyone knows?
ANY help/advice will be much appreciated.
I dare say this has been asked before, but I can't find it on here, sorry

So sorry for SOOOO many questions.

Will :-)
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Advice before Buying a Berlingo

Post by DickieG »

The HDi was available in the Berlingo from quite early in it's life but as it cost about £1k extra than the standard diesel not that many were sold, 2.0 versions are far more robust than 1.6's but the 1.6 has a little more pep, 2.0 certainly don't have DMF's.

I'm not sure when DPF's started to be fitted to Blingo's but pretty sure it was post 06.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Beware of Berlingos with the modutop roof, if it springs a water leak it can easily be an economical write off to repair.
madwelshman

Post by madwelshman »

DickieG wrote:The HDi was available in the Berlingo from quite early in it's life but as it cost about £1k extra than the standard diesel not that many were sold, 2.0 versions are far more robust than 1.6's but the 1.6 has a little more pep, 2.0 certainly don't have DMF's.

I'm not sure when DPF's started to be fitted to Blingo's but pretty sure it was post 06.

Thank you DickieG. It's info just like this that I'm after, much appreciated.

Will
madwelshman

Post by madwelshman »

wheeler wrote:Beware of Berlingos with the modutop roof, if it springs a water leak it can easily be an economical write off to repair.
Thank you Wheeler, I'll keep that in mind.

Will
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Northern Mike may sell you his Blingo. You'd have the headstart of a seller too honest for his own good.
madwelshman

Re:

Post by madwelshman »

addo wrote:Northern Mike may sell you his Blingo. You'd have the headstart of a seller too honest for his own good.
Cheers for that Addo, I'm sure Northern Mikes Berlingo is a great vehicle, but I haven't decided yet which model/engine I'm going for yet.
Thank you anyway.

Will