Please help, Front Indicator bulb replacement issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PugLover

Please help, Front Indicator bulb replacement issues

Post by PugLover »

Hello all

Now, I have only recently purchased my Citroen Synergie (I am a Pug fan, but couldn't find the Peugeot 806 with 8 seats, hence having a Synergie but know they're the same really lol)

Anyway, My front left indicator bulb has blown and having issues (no Haynes manual as yet) as to replace the bulb. Is there an easy way of doing this? I see a spring which I would think I have to remove but I really am a little mind blown at looking at the car. :shock:

Is there anyone who can advice me as to what procedures I have to do and what to remove to get at the bulb to replace? :x

Thank you in advance :D
Citroen Synergie - 1.9 DT XUD9 TE lump (8 seater, daily driver)
Peugeot 406 ~ 2.0 Petrol estate (Sold in 2014, Missed every day.)
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Re: Please help, Front Indicator bulb replacement issues

Post by Richard_C »

Also known as Fiat Ulysse and (rarely appreciated) Lancia Zeta. Called Evasion in non UK markets, handy of you are searching for information or parts.

The handbook will help, with pictures, if you have one.

I have a very old "Revue Technique Automobile" in French, my rough translation tells me:

Pull the ring to release the spring. Push towards the front (of the car) turn 1/8, disconnect, change bulb, etc then reverse to refit.

I have done it and don't recall any special difficulty. You will need a yellow bulb as the Synergie gets its yellowness from the bulb not the lens. A few years back the MOT tester grumbled at my fadedness so I had new indicator bulbs. I did the 'pull the spring' bit on my old SAAB 9-5 and spent over an hour searching for the bit I dropped, so now I put a tea towel or similar under where I am working.

My Synergie is a 1.9 TD with the number plate A19SYN, owned from new in 1998. Other cars have come and gone, the Synergie lives on, its just so useful. A few dents but all working OK. One dent came when my wife failed to follow the procedure "open gate - drive through" in the right order. After a couple of years of little use its back in the mainstream and had been on 3 UK holidays this year and numerous other jobs. You can get a 4 piece Jazz band in, including drum kit, double bass, keyboard and tenor sax. I will post a few comments and photos when I get round to it.

Meanwhile, when it was launched Citroen positioned it as a luxury/smart young things motor, see the videos here:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

Oh, another thing if you are missing the handbook and hunting down electrical maladies.

Open the vertical glove box, push in the plastic retainers at each side, hinge down some more and lift the glovebox out, put finger in hole in the thin plastic cover you have revealed - tug, and there is the fuse box! Would need inspector Cluseau to find it without guidance.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
PugLover

Post by PugLover »

Thanks Richard, I found it in the end! Sorry I didn't reply! It was a really easy job to do, can't believe you have to take the unit out though, but it was easy enough! Getting the spring back in was a bit fiddly though lol :) Thanks again, that tip on finding the glove box is definitely handy too.
Citroen Synergie - 1.9 DT XUD9 TE lump (8 seater, daily driver)
Peugeot 406 ~ 2.0 Petrol estate (Sold in 2014, Missed every day.)