lexia to turn on Cruise Control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

concerto-charlie
New User

lexia to turn on Cruise Control

Post by concerto-charlie »

hello the internet, has anybody retro fitted Cruise Control to a MK3 (08 onwards) Berlingo or partner I guess, I have fitted the stalk,
and need to turn on the settings in the BSI, who local has Lexia or has done this and can give me pointers, as I have a software guy coming to my fleet garage to try but he's longed me off 4 weeks in a row... I just want my CC, as I've done 53,000mls in 11 months with out it,

thank you Charlie
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: lexia to turn on Cruise Control

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I know that citroenxm has retrofitted cruise control to his Xantia HDi, and got it running. You might want to give him a PM. You also probably want to have a look on the following link to find forum members near you with Lexia systems;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Never done it on a mk3 berlingo but here is a guide for a mk 1 C5, should give you some idea of the lexia side of things as it has screenshots.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... c5#p377108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Post by lurchy666 »

me and a mate turned cruise on in his Peugeot expert, think I used pp2000 as it was easier to navigate than diagbox but from memory it was turn it on in bsi ( cant remember if had to turn it on in engine ecu as well) then disconnect lexia and go and play.....
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You normally need to set RVV to present in the injection ECU.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

I'll hijack this topic to ask something Lexia related ... I've tried using it today on my dad's C5 Facelift to set the daylight lights (not DRL, but to have the low-beams on when the engine is running, since now we have to have lights on all the time ... that time of the season) ... so, to spare him going to the Service, I've decided to give it a go ... and, I can't get past the initialization stage when I check BSI, or any other computer (after the diagnostics) that requires it (suspension, gearbox etc on the other hand are accessible to me) ... now, I know how DiagBox works (went trough it over and out on my X7), but this is making me look stupid ... what is the trick? I have the Croatian language, but the rough translation would be this: after doing the full diagnostic, in the list of computer, I select BSI, confirm it and I'm presented with the message: "Turn off ignition and turn it on again" ... fine, I do that, and after a few seconds I get the message: ""No dialog with the computer during initialization. Confirm for re-testing or press Enter" ... I get the same message for most of the other options, and I can't pass it ... what am I missing?

On another note, I found out that this car (C5 Facelift) had an error message stored in the suspension, which goes like this: "Continuous Fault; No communication with the steering wheel angle indicator, retrieved value faulty" ... I've cleared this error, and after 2-3 runs of the engine during my Lexia exploring, I've went to check it again, and it reappeared ... any rough ideas what that's' all about?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

On the last fault it may be the steering angle sensor has failed in some way. If it is like that found in a hydractive Xantia there is a slip ring mounted on the steering column under the larger slip ring that handles the airbag and steering wheel controls (for the radio). The link I have posted up shows one of these steering angle sensors (even though the advert says it is for the airbag slip ring; it isn't).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Xanti ... 41814c7894" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is an airbag/radio control slip ring;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Xanti ... 3f39f78a9e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a thought. I believe (but I DON'T know) there is a way to calibrate the steering angle sensor, through the Lexia. If you can find it, it could be worth a shot to see if that sorts out the problem. I believe that you have to turn the steering wheel from lock to lock.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Just a thought. I believe (but I DON'T know) there is a way to calibrate the steering angle sensor, through the Lexia. If you can find it, it could be worth a shot to see if that sorts out the problem. I believe that you have to turn the steering wheel from lock to lock.
On a Xantia only the Hydractive models are fitted with a steering angle sensor (aka yaw sensor), as far as calibration is concerned the suspension ecu does it by way of establishing the straight ahead position by way of averaging the direction steering is pointing for the longest period of time will be the straight ahead position.

When you think about it unless this was the case every time the wheel alignment (tracking) went out or was adjusted to anything other than the original factory setting the steering angle sensor would need to be re-calibrated, so for this reason alone I would presume calibration is achieved the same way on other cars.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

One thing I've managed to check (I'm still not adept at Lexia) is the parameters readout, and I saw that when the steering wheel is neutral (straight forward wheels to be precise), I'm given the values 42 degrees or -170 something degrees, and they change appropriately, when I even slightly touch the steering wheel to one side ... but I don't understand the logic behind it ... shouldn't the neutral steering wheel be like 0 and then left minus, right plus, or something along those lines, because this is totally unreadable by me and I don't know whether the displayed values are correct/regular or irregular (if something indeed failed) ...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

vborovic wrote:One thing I've managed to check (I'm still not adept at Lexia) is the parameters readout, and I saw that when the steering wheel is neutral (straight forward wheels to be precise), I'm given the values 42 degrees or -170 something degrees, and they change appropriately, when I even slightly touch the steering wheel to one side ... but I don't understand the logic behind it ... shouldn't the neutral steering wheel be like 0 and then left minus, right plus, or something along those lines, because this is totally unreadable by me and I don't know whether the displayed values are correct/regular or irregular (if something indeed failed) ...
Bearing in mind my post above are those readings whilst driving, just after or prior to driving?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

The car was parked, I didn't bother testing it during driving, as I was actually looking for something else to change ... this was unplanned, I'll have to look into it more tomorrow, during the day ... I cleared the error once again, will see if it once again reappears when I'll have access to the car (it is currently on the road) ...
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

As my issues are getting interesting, I'll start a new topic, and just say that I've figured out the use of Lexia (more or less) ... it seems that somehow yesterday the first gen C5 was picked (multiple times, I don't know how that would be possible), instead of the 2nd gen one ... and that was the reason I couldn't use most of the car's computers ... when launching Lexia from DiagBox, of course the first time you get the error, then you unplug the reader (USB), plug it back in, launch Lexia once again, and then it will work ... I've managed to clear 2 errors, that were possible glitches, but some errors are stuck for good (until they get solved) ...
lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Post by lurchy666 »

my lexia used to do that had to unplug then plug back in, do you know what firmware your using as if its b firmware that could be the problem or part of it as b firmware will only run up a certain point on diagbox, and if like me your running the latest scary update (7.56) you need the c firmware update, which is a file sent to you by a man under the alias of nlc on other forums then its a usb transfer using scarys interface checker,
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I have the latest DiagBox 7.56, was doing the same on 7.53 ... it's not bothering me too much, unplug/plug and there you go ...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

DickieG wrote: On a Xantia only the Hydractive models are fitted with a steering angle sensor (aka yaw sensor),
No....the steering angle sensor and yaw sensor are separate entities - the yaw sensor lives on the floor, and monitors the rate of directional change of the car - ESP uses it in combination with the SAS to work if if the car is going where it's supposed to be :lol:
DickieG wrote:as far as calibration is concerned the suspension ecu does it by way of establishing the straight ahead position by way of averaging the direction steering is pointing for the longest period of time will be the straight ahead position. When you think about it unless this was the case every time the wheel alignment (tracking) went out or was adjusted to anything other than the original factory setting the steering angle sensor would need to be re-calibrated, so for this reason alone I would presume calibration is achieved the same way on other cars
Possibly, but there are plenty of stories out there on C4s etc where the ESP light has come on after tracking adjustment, and re-calibration of the SAS puts it out again. It must have some level of self checking, but it looks like it can be upset. Currently looking into this, as we are getting ESP light on our C4 Picasso - have changed the brake light switch which is often a cause, and that has improved matters, but still getting faults. Lexia on order now to see what it is upset about. Hoping a re-calib of the SAS will cure it - new SAS or yaw sensor are not exactly cheap.... :evil:
Richard W