STOP light question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: STOP light question

Post by CitroJim »

The STOP light is operated by several inputs Mike, it has a diode 'OR' gate from the hydraulics, oil pressure, water level, temperature and so on...

What's keeping the STOP light on will be indicated by any other warning light that's on too. Hydraulics is indicated by the light immediately to the left of the STOP light and this is controlled from two inputs, the LHM level and the hydraulic pressure.

So, if you know the level is good and the STOP and the hydraulics light to the left of it is on too then it's pressure-related and taking a long time to build. Which is unusual in a V6...

The switch for pressure is at the top of the security valve.

If that light is out then it's something else but there should be another warning light on to tell you what it is. It's not the red over-temperature light in the coolant temperature gauge is it?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: STOP light question

Post by Mandrake »

I certainly wouldn't be driving off with the stop light still lit... :roll:

As Jim says there must be another light lit as well as the STOP light is just a catch all warning that lights if any other warning is lit to catch the drivers attention.

Maybe taking a picture of the warning lights when the stop light is on is a good idea ? Then we can immediately identify it.

If it's hydraulic and the tank level is correct then it means the pressure is taking a long time to build up. Two likely causes for that - an old accumulator sphere that's about to go pop, or an air leak on the inlet hose between the tank and the hydraulic pump...
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive