ride height corrector failure?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nikolaymk

ride height corrector failure?

Post by Nikolaymk »

Hi,
I did the citareobics today and all was fine, but at one point the rear suspention would not rise from the min to max position. The front suspention rose normally but the rear remained stuck to the ground. After a while I gave the boot a bit of a push and it rose normally. Is this to do with the ride height corrector?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Nikolay -
The Height Corrector (HC) is reponsible for the car's height.
You MAY have a problem with dirt in the HC - but I suspect it's the linkage (connecting rods) that are dry (rusty) in your case.
Lift the car onto safety stands to get adequate safe workspace under the car - then find all linkages and grease them up. You may find it works best using some kind of service spray (WD40 etc.) into any pivoting joins - then padding with grease over the joint afterwards.
If you still experience the same problem later - then you may remove the HC and dismantle it into atomic bits for cleaning. It's not a complicated job - just a bit fiddly.
Nikolaymk

Post by Nikolaymk »

Many thanks Anders. How can I identify the corrector? I will not bother dismantling it at first - I'll just grease the linkages as my car has only done 54K miles.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The HC is approx half the size as a good old round ignition coil.
It's a circular lump - with full cover rubber caps both ends - a ballhook protrudes the rubber cap one end - where it connects to the linkage.
Unless it's very dirty - it's recognized by a silver surface appearance - as it's made of alloy.
It will have 2 steel pipes closely grouped at one point - and a single steel pipe at another point - plus 1 small rubber leak-off hose - all connected to it's housing.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndersDK</i>

The HC is approx half the size as a good old round ignition coil.
It's a circular lump - with full cover rubber caps both ends - a ballhook protrudes the rubber cap one end - where it connects to the linkage.
Unless it's very dirty - it's recognized by a silver surface appearance - as it's made of alloy.
It will have 2 steel pipes closely grouped at one point - and a single steel pipe at another point - plus 1 small rubber leak-off hose - all connected to it's housing.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
This any help??
This is on a BX.............
Alan S
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Alan - well done mate [8D]ImageImage