Xantia radius arm pin

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gxantia

Xantia radius arm pin

Post by gxantia »

I am replacing the radius arm bearings on a mk1 xantia, offside. I did the nearside a couple of years ago. Last time I got the pin out, this time it has sheared. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement pin?
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Xantia radius arm pin

Post by Peter.N. »

You could probably replace it with a piece of wire coat hanger, it doesn't have a lot of stress on it, just stops the piston from falling out. Getting the broken one out is usually a bind unless you have a punch exactly the right size. You may find one in a Citroen garage, I would think a Xantia one would be the same.

Peter
gxantia

Post by gxantia »

Thanks, might try a large standard split pin. There is still a bit sticking out, once I have it off I will trying a blow torch on it to free it.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you need to get a replacement the part number is 5272 09 (if it is the pin at the other end from the sphere). It has the same part number between all saloon variants.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

If the pin is stuck, and already broken, then chances are it will be nigh on impossible to remove in situ. Lots of info linked here: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 11&t=44218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Best just remove the arm complete with the cylinder push rod, then sort it out on the bench / floor afterwards. Any pin will do really, all it does is stop the push road dropping out if you lift the car with no suspension pressure.
Richard W