ZX Heater fan inop

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

franster

ZX Heater fan inop

Post by franster »

Just as the title says, really... I replaced the resistor, simply because I had one lying around. A quick check of wires shows no live entering the back of the switch, but mysteriously, there is a permanent live at the fan motor. Motor moves freely, and fuse is intact. Confused, cold and more than a bit steamed up when it rains. It's a '97/'98 ZX TD SX. No aircon, and a four stage blower switch.

Any ideas, anyone??
2000 306 XSi 3 door
1997 ZX 1.9 TD SX 5 door
2004 Alfa 147 2.0 Lusso (Mrs F's)
handyman
My Cars:

Re: ZX Heater fan inop

Post by handyman »

You'll probably find that its dirty or burnt contacts in the ignition switch, as Citroen, in their wisdom, ran full power for the fan through the ignition switch contacts. You might find wiggling the ignition key in the lock might induce the fan to work.

Its also worth looking at the wiring connector under the dash, lefthand side, passenger footwell, as the connector there sometimes needs to be cleaned or re-crimped. 8-[

If you look through the archive, there were a number of posts/articles about modding the wiring through a relay which is how PSA should have done it. Cheapskates! :rofl2: :shock: If you cant find them under ZX, try looking at Xantia, as the cabling is virtually the same.

If you get stuck PM me.

Handyman