Peugeot boxer 2004 help

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paulwhalley

Peugeot boxer 2004 help

Post by Paulwhalley »

Hello
I have a boxer 2004 2.0l hdi. Went to work this morning all was good then on the way home I seen there was a light on the dash, speedo was at 0mph while driving, then I hit a hill and I found I had lost power would normally pull up it in 5 th but today I had to go down to 3rd. So I got home put code reader in which said there was one fault found but when I tryed to go into get the coad it won't tell me what it is. I then went to the garage same scenario so I went to another who have a £7000 reader and they couldn't get to it so we don't no what the coad is.
The garage said might be mass airflow sensor he said in plug if it makes any difference it's that but that didn't work
Any one got any suggestions befor I go spending money on her
Thanks
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Peugeot boxer 2004 help

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

My first suggestion would be to take a look in the link I will post up, and find a forum member near you with a Lexia system. I am not knocking the garage, but Peugeot and Citroen don't always make their vehicles 'legible' to normal readers. The garage could well be right about the MAF sensor, but the most important thing is to get those codes read;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck, and, by the way, welcome to the forum.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Paulwhalley

Post by Paulwhalley »

Thanks got a garage to go to a 3:30 will update then.
It's not my first time on there forgot login details but thanks for the welcom anyway :)
Paul
Paulwhalley

Post by Paulwhalley »

Well I've just got back here is what I have found out

P1612 fuel filter heating open circuit/ short circuit
P0404 exhaust gas re circulation open circuit/short circuit
P0638 throttle valve open circuit/ short circuit
P0148 high pressure pump element shut of valve open circuit/short circuit
P0101 air mass sensor signal too small

The gremlins have been hard at work this week

I've took the egg valve off and it's soaking at the minute ready for a clean lots of coke built up gave it a suck on vacume nipple :-D and it is moving

As for p1612 would that be because the plug heater likes to stay on when wet weather is around ?

What's your thoughts
Thanks
Paul
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I personally wouldn't know. There may be others on the forum who can offer more meaningful advise. I just thought it would be worth getting onto a Lexia (or PP2000 for Peugeot vehicles) as a starting point for diagnostics. At least you have some pointers where to start. Good luck.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Paulwhalley

Post by Paulwhalley »

Well thanks for your input
I'm going to put the egr back on in a bit, I verry much doubt this will cure it so I will go euro car parts in the morning and get a mass airflow sensor
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Do check out the link I posted to Lexia owners. I don't know about Peugeot software, but the Lexia software is far more than just a diagnostics package; it can read live data showing what the engine is doing (and display it in graph format), and much more.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Paulwhalley

Post by Paulwhalley »

I will do
The system used today was a boch one which was a full pc job ( bit better than my eBay handheld lol)
That gave live data and the mass airflow sensor was doing bugger all
Paulwhalley

Post by Paulwhalley »

Just looked at them lexia systems n eBay for £50-£60 might be worth investing in one
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Just make sure to get one that supports a higher version of Diagbox than 5.29. Some of the Chinese chipsets have got blacklisted, and Diagbox recognises these, so they cannot work with more current versions of Diagbox.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Paulwhalley

Post by Paulwhalley »

Thanks will look out for that
Egr valve back on and no difference
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

The normal thing is to read and note the fault codes and then clear them and see what comes back. The combination of codes you have given could indicate a loose or corroded or dirty connector rather than a number of individual faults. The EGR fault you have indicates an electrical rather than a physical problem.
Normally disconnecting a faulty MAF sensor causes the engine to run better than leaving it in circuit. There is also a tie up between the operation of the EGR valve and the MAF sensor. A fault on one can show up as a fault code for the other. However a faulty MAF sensor shouldnt bring up a code for an OC or an SC on the EGR valve. lack of airflow on the live data normally indicates a faulty or disconnected MAF sensor.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Paulwhalley wrote:Just looked at them lexia systems n eBay for £50-£60 might be worth investing in one
have a read through this thread before purchasing a DIS-LEXIS

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ia#p309462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

although DickieG ( Richard may not be bulk buying now????, the thread should show you the cloned equipment that is tried and tested by forum members
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Paulwhalley

Post by Paulwhalley »

BX wrote:The normal thing is to read and note the fault codes and then clear them and see what comes back. The combination of codes you have given could indicate a loose or corroded or dirty connector rather than a number of individual faults. The EGR fault you have indicates an electrical rather than a physical problem.
Normally disconnecting a faulty MAF sensor causes the engine to run better than leaving it in circuit. There is also a tie up between the operation of the EGR valve and the MAF sensor. A fault on one can show up as a fault code for the other. However a faulty MAF sensor shouldnt bring up a code for an OC or an SC on the EGR valve. lack of airflow on the live data normally indicates a faulty or disconnected MAF sensor.
The codes were reset 4/5 times as we were working out the problem the codes I have listed were the ones that came back
Paulwhalley

Post by Paulwhalley »

Put a new airflow meatier £80 and no change took it to the garage for some advice and I said to him would it be as simple as a fuse, he said I don't think a fuse would cause that but check any way so I had a look all the ones in the cab were fine looked at the ones under the bonnet and there was one out, so I put a new one in set for home as it sorted the problem 200 yards down the road it blew again so I got home sprayed where the fuse goes in with acf50 put some fuse wire round blown fuse as I had no fuses and since then she had been fine must have been a bet of water getting in or something
I must learn to check fuses first as this is not the first time this van has caught me out with just a fuse