Xantia suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Birdeeraven
New User

Xantia suspension

Post by Birdeeraven »

My xantia (6 spheres) has three very small bore plastic pipes that have become disconnected in the region of the height actuator (rear sub frame). I cant find anywhere to re connect them so presumably they all "T" together ? Help! cheers all!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Xantia suspension

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

There is, I believe, a K connector that links the pipes (one of which would be blanked off, on your case).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:There is, I believe, a K connector that links the pipes (one of which would be blanked off, on your case).
Yes, it'll be either a lazy K that looks like a Y or a square plastic block with three or four entries on it..

The bad news it that they are often right on top of the subframe and no easy to get to.

Against that the subframe is not to hard to drop a few inches..

How did you discover this? massive LHM leak?

Be aware there's two black plastic pipes that are in this vicinity that don't connect to anything and are open to the air. These are the rear suspension cylinder breathers...

Only the small clear plastic pipes need connecting into the main rear return line...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Birdeeraven
New User

Post by Birdeeraven »

Yes there was a bit of a leak! I,m still not quite sure which tube is which? And which one is blanked off? I'm still topping up and she won't pressurise and lift! is there a diagram at all? Cheers all!