Berlingo Bulkhead - wires through?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Berlingo Bulkhead - wires through?

Post by Northern_Mike »

Possibly one for addo or DickieG. ..

If I wanted to get two 5 amp wires through the bulkhead of my Berlingo into the engine bay, from the drivers side, what would be the best way?
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Follow the routing of your rear window washer tube.

I'm still in love with my quad horn setup on the Berlingo, sounds impressive.
Northern_Mike

Re:

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:Follow the routing of your rear window washer tube.

I'm still in love with my quad horn setup on the Berlingo, sounds impressive.
Go on, give us a clue :-)

Was going to go for a triple-horn setup, aux flick switch mounted on the steering column by the cruise control.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I used the original horn plug wire to trigger a 40A standard relay. This switches two 307 electric horns and a twin note Stebel Nautilus. Plenty of YT clips of people demo-ing the Nautilus.

A quick tap on the button just fires the electric horns. A half second press will give command of almost any traffic dispute. Especially in the dark. :twisted:
Northern_Mike

Re:

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:I used the original horn plug wire to trigger a 40A standard relay. This switches two 307 electric horns and a twin note Stebel Nautilus. Plenty of YT clips of people demo-ing the Nautilus.

A quick tap on the button just fires the electric horns. A half second press will give command of almost any traffic dispute. Especially in the dark. :twisted:
My original horn wiring is completely broken, sadly. I've not got the time or skill to sort it *properly*, and I'm not paying someone £65 an hour to mess with it. Wiring in an aux horn is the cheapest way round the MOT situation. I'm sure it's the wiring in the column, well, I think it is..
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Berlingo Bulkhead - wires through?

Post by wheeler »

Mk 2 Berlingos are notorious for the wiring from the com2000 chaffing through the moving part of the steering column just above the pedals. Sometimes it damages the com2000 unit.
Worth a look, the first sign of it is usually horn problems.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I shall have a look , thanks wheeler.

If I run a scan with Lexia it shows no faults with the comm2000 unit. Whether it's wholly accurate or not I don't know.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

northern_mike wrote:I shall have a look , thanks wheeler.

If I run a scan with Lexia it shows no faults with the comm2000 unit. Whether it's wholly accurate or not I don't know.
I doubt it would show a fault code in com2000, however if you go into BSI you may see a fault logged relating to the body VAN network.