Xantia Exclusive reversing mirror

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mandrake
My Cars:

Xantia Exclusive reversing mirror

Post by Mandrake »

Hi All,

My S1 Xantia V6 exclusive has the auto dipping rear view mirror on the passenger side but I've come to realise it doesn't work properly. :(

More specifically it doesn't come back to the correct place when it switches between the two positions. If I adjust the position to be optimal when driving, next time I put it into reverse then back into drive it moves each way but it ends up a bit lower than it should be after it returns - enough that I have to keep readjusting it.

This is my third Xantia with the auto dipping rear view mirror and the other two always came back perfectly to the memorised position and didn't need readjustment.

Has anyone had this problem before and managed to fix it ?
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia Exclusive reversing mirror

Post by CitroJim »

My XM used to do it intermittently Simon and got much better the more the car was used... I think it's just lack of exercise and use.

If you can, pop the mirror bit off and get some light lube worked in around the gearset behind it. The mechanism is quite an interesting one...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...