Blue HDI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Lighty
My Cars:

Blue HDI

Post by Lighty »

Popped into the Citroen dealers on Sunday, to try and get a drive in the new Cactus. They only had a 1.6 hdi , and I want a petrol, there was a long wait to drive it, so I didn't bother as I didn't have time to wait. The car looks amazing, and Citroen are going to sell these so fast I believe.
Anyway, salesman couldn't believe I wanted a petrol, he said " everyone wants the diesel, it has no dpf on it now you know "
I commented on this being a good thing for sales (possibly) and thought no more about it.
Any way I looked up blue Hdi yesterday and found this.
I emailed it to the salesman, but havnt heard back yet :mrgreen:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Blue HDI

Post by Lighty »

A picture of one of the demos

Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

I plan to rent one for a day at my Citroen Dealer ... sat in it, totally different interior design approach to anything the Citroen made so far (not counting their concept cars) ... and the price is surprisingly low, I expected it to be in the price range of (at least) the DS3 ...
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Arent dpfs miss understood though.. they are only suited to motorway/dual carrageway drivers? And not stop start town driving where engine temp doesnt get high enough to do its stuff to the dpf?

your right wanting a petrol for town driving but a derv for distance still has to be the way..
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

No matter what driving you do, it's debate able wether the UK traffic situation can be suitable for a diesel.
The 1.2 petrol engine can do over 40 mpg easily, and petrol is cheaper to buy.
How much is an injector, dpf egr etc for a diesel ?
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Just noticed the Cactus has inbuilt roof skis. Handy for downhill hypermiling in winter?
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

In Croatia, Petrol was and is always more expensive than diesel ... currently the difference is not that much, but it was usually 10-15% price difference per liter ...
Bick

Post by Bick »

Lighty wrote:No matter what driving you do, it's debate able wether the UK traffic situation can be suitable for a diesel.
The 1.2 petrol engine can do over 40 mpg easily, and petrol is cheaper to buy.
How much is an injector, dpf egr etc for a diesel ?

Being a mechanic i still get friends and family asking diesel or petrol when buying a new car. In the past my advise has been mainly diesel unless they are doing very low milage/all town work. But now because of the problems with the new bread of diesels and the costs when they go wrong i am swinging back to the petrol engine, unless people are doing 20k a year, with some sustained high speed driving i think the new petrols may well be the answer for most people. If its town work its a no brainer petrol all the way.

Never thought i would say the above as i do love a diesel but i think my next vehicle may well be lean burn petrol just like you Lighty!
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

The 3 cylinder 1.2 has to be driven to be believed, long gone is the asthmatic under fuelled power delivery of the last 10 years, these 3 pots pull like a train, with diesel type torque from low revs, but you can rev them as well.
Can't wait to try the turbo one in the Cactus, I recommend a road test.
My main point of post though is that this represents a massive change in the diesels for those of you that watch the. Video.
Citroen & Peugeot have seemingly done away with the Elloys fluid system and used Ad blue instead !
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Suspect I may go petrol on the main family car next time - 15k a year on relaxed country roads for my work car is diesel territory...

Looks the like Ad-blue needs replenishing relatively frequently - every service? Appears to do away with the need for Eolys as far as I can see though?

Edit - looked in the handbook - yes, every service, tank is 17 litres! At least the instructions are in the handbook though. Apparently it prevents you starting the engine (or stops it if it is running!) if there is no additive :shock:
Richard W
Bob L'eponge

Post by Bob L'eponge »

RichardW wrote:Looks the like Ad-blue needs replenishing relatively frequently - every service? Appears to do away with the need for Eolys as far as I can see though?
I had thought that the point of AdBlue systems was to deal with the nitrogen dioxide that the EGR system can't remove, but that it doesn't deal with the particulates. I will have to read up on this!

Ironically, the latest diesels with AdBlue and DFP systems have much lower emissions than the latest direct-injection petrol engines. Of course, disconnect with the EGR, DPF or AdBlue system, and a diesel will be hundreds of times 'dirtier' than a petrol, which is why all those gubbins are fitted in the first place. :wink:
Last edited by Bob L'eponge on 16 Sep 2014, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

Wonder how much Citroen will be charging at every service for this .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181311457101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Bob L'eponge

Post by Bob L'eponge »

Looking at that video, it just notes that the third step in treating the exhaust gases is the DPF. Surely, this will need to be regenerated, as before, in order to burn off the collected particulates? If so, won't it also still need the Eolys fluid in order to achieve regeneration at a reduced temperature, especially given that the DPF is now further downstream of the exhaust manifold?

I wonder what that little tank is, shown in the close up of the DPF? :wink:
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I had a look on service.citroen - there is no Eolys tank shown on the Euro VI cars - yes there is still the DPF, but I think that either they've changed the technology, or something coming off the SCR allows the DPF to regen autonomously. The 'tank' just after the DPF appears to be a NOX sensor - presumably it alters the AdBlue injection to meet the NOX reduction target.

@ Lighty: lots?? :rofl2:
Richard W
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

My ECU man is already removing ad blue systems from Audi VW products, so guess they are not perfect.
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami