C5 blower not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peterdb
My Cars:

C5 blower not working

Post by Peterdb »

good day,
anybody here on this forum knows what is means faulty code F734 Lexia 3 for the blower AC??
Did have a problem with the double sensor 6445 VC, renewed this one but now getting a message from my Lexia 3 that I have in the blower this code and it is permanent.
The blower don't run and on the screen when asking for the previous values for the sensors it tells me that the voltage for the blower is 0,0 Volt.
Anybody here that can give me a hint?
having a good day,
best regards,
Peter den Breejen.
C5 Break 2,0 Hdif (DW 10BTED4 FAB) Aut (ATM AM6B) Ligne PR, 2007, Organummer: 10655 CJ, KM: 410.000, gris aluminium
previous cars: citroen 2CV, Simca 1100 TI, CX 2000, CX Pallas, XM, C5 and as hobby Nissan Patrol.
Peterdb
My Cars:

Re: C5 blower not working

Post by Peterdb »

I do have some pics but don't know how to put them here. It could be better if I did know for readers to understand it.
At the other hand where can I download the faulthy codes I read from my Lexia 3??
having a good day,
best regards,
Peter den Breejen.
C5 Break 2,0 Hdif (DW 10BTED4 FAB) Aut (ATM AM6B) Ligne PR, 2007, Organummer: 10655 CJ, KM: 410.000, gris aluminium
previous cars: citroen 2CV, Simca 1100 TI, CX 2000, CX Pallas, XM, C5 and as hobby Nissan Patrol.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Welcome to the forum Peter!

Here is a guide to posting photo's on the forum. Shout if you get stuck/need assistance (PM me).

It would help if we knew the year, model and engine in your car - if you have a look at signatures here, most carry this information, saves repeatedly asking the same thing.

The C5 blower is a bit of a weak point, I've had two, one just recently and you will see quite a number of threads covering this.

If you have climate control and the fan symbol is blanked out it is usually a good indication of a failed blower unit - in my (second) case it was an interupption in the power supply but that killed it anyway.

Waiting for Photobuggerit to come up with photo's :(

At last!

Shows the location
Peterdb
My Cars:

Post by Peterdb »

Well, to be honest I did download the pics but have to find out how to go further.
What you have shown here in yr pics is from a C5 ph I I suppose and it is not the same as my C5 ph II where as on that side I only have the drive and a sensor.
Must say that my car is a left hand driving.
If you look into my profile I wrote in there what kind of car I'm driving so there you can have all details.
I can give you my VIN number if you need it.
I can see in my display the blower and can also adjust the speed as it shows me but the blower is still not running.
Checked also the fuses, both are good, the voltage what my Lexia is telling me of the blower is 0,0 V, if that is a correct value when doing the readings, don't know. [-o<
My guess is that for some reason the blower don't get any input in Voltage, the supply is not there!!! #-o
So before I remove all my dash I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. :mrgreen:
If there is an electrical drawing from this unit or if you can tell me what code F734 means then I can go further. :idea:
having a good day,
best regards,
Peter den Breejen.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Sorry Peter, changing the blower modules is the limit of my involvement but it looks rather like the blower motor isn't getting any volts.
As for access, couldn't say but not likely to be easy.
Peterdb
My Cars:

Post by Peterdb »

right, that it is not easy this job I'm aware about it as I'm struggling already more then 2 weeks with it.
Even the Citroen garage here don't know where to look for, they want to take out the dash but then again, what is the sence doing that if it is only a supply 12 Volts to the blower.
Anyway, will look further to solve this problem.
To download pics here is not an easy target, got this site downloaded, made also my own one, download pics in there but then I have to figur out how to bring them here.
keep you posted

<Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.>
got this msg when I uploaded a pic what is only 38 kibs
having a good day,
best regards,
Peter den Breejen.
Peterdb
My Cars:

Post by Peterdb »

Right, you will not believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The blower is working again and guess what was the course???
On the left side of the blower is the current wire and the minus wire in 1 white contact.
The minus (massa) contact was heavely corroded and nearly damaged and therefore did not give any - (massa) to the blower.
Now repaired this white contact and all is in working condition.
Means before taking out the dash look first to other opponets like contacts etc. I could read on the Lexia that there was no current going to the blower and looking to all parts and this morning after consulting my garage back in Holland (Oldenhage in New Vennep) to ask where I could find the supply cable I checked this white connector and found the massa not correctly function anymore.
Thanks to him and must say my doing the absolute impossible by not giving up it works as usual.
For the moderator you can close this subject as job done
having a good day,
best regards,
Peter den Breejen.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well done. You got there, and you explained it clearly.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Nice result Peter, pleased it worked out without having to dismantle the car.
We will leave the thread open though in the event that anyone else has similar problems.

As for the photo's, if you are struggling then email them to me (email button below my avatar) and I'll insert them in your posts.
Peterdb
My Cars:

Post by Peterdb »

Trying to put some pics to show the problem I did have and the solution I made, still having the orginal cables intact.
You can also see the current (even if this is in Dutch) from the Lexia with running engine (otherwise the current is zero when engine is not started)

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
This is what I get after trying to put a pic ere.
Tied several times even with smallest size but no luck.
Sorry guys but I give up
I will make an account in Gmail and will post this here later to have it open to view the pics.
having a good day,
best regards,
Peter den Breejen.
Peterdb
My Cars:

Post by Peterdb »

Image Image Image Image Image

Images are clickable thumbnails.
having a good day,
best regards,
Peter den Breejen.