Interior light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnP.
My Cars:

Interior light

Post by JohnP. »

I want to replace the inadequate light in the back of my Berlingo Van,not a major problem in itself but there are five wires leading to the existing light and I'm fairly sure I'm only going to need two of these to make the replacement light work.
What do I do with the other three,just tape them up, or will this affect the already slightly baffling workings of the interior light in the front?
davey
My Cars:

Post by davey »

You will probably find the 5 wires are positive, ground, front door open/body computer delay and 2 wires from the rear door open sensor in the case of my multispace a tilt sensor within tailgate. I would be wary of increasing the wattage load as there is a delay controlled by the body computer to keep lights on for a short time after doors closed. Too high a load and you could damage controller and lose this function. If you must do it, keep existing light fitting but parallel off another low wattage light from the existing bulb pos & neg.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Or use the existing light connections to drive a relay with a separate power feed for the new light?
jeremy
JohnP.
My Cars:

Post by JohnP. »

OK Thanks for that,It sounds like I'd be better off to run a completely new power supply to another light.