C3 Sensodrive Issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gedjohnson
New User

C3 Sensodrive Issues

Post by gedjohnson »

Hi All

My C3 Pluriel has developed an intermittent fault with the sensodrive gearbox.

When I put the key in the ignition, it beeps 3 times to let me know there is a warning light and sure enough, the engine management light, the red (!) light appear.

Sometimes, the red (!) light disappears and the only light on is the engine management light. The car can be driven normally and auto/semi auto can be selected.... So far(ish) so good. Speedo works, rev counter works etc etc.

However, the car also has a mind of its own and occasionally (more often than not) the "orange slidey car" icon appears. If this happens, then I can still drive the car upto 1st gear in auto (with reverse and neutral also) or 2nd gear in semi auto. Speedo doesn't work but rev counter DOES work.

I've got a cheepie OBD2 code reader which brought up the fault P0501 - Vehicle Speed Sensor "A" Range/Performance. I've got a receipt though showing the replacement of:

ABS sensor front (eurocarparts part no 417545240)
Cross DOABS sensor front (417545240)
Cross DOABS sensor rear *2 (417545251)

these were replaced in February this year. Are these the same parts that P0501 relates to?

Apart from the above, it's a smashing car and the wife loves it. Does anyone have any ideas what's wrong with it? I really don't want to get rid of it but don't want to spend a fortune saving her as well.

Any ideas please before I have to go cap in hand to a Citroen main dealer?

thanks for any responses.

=D>
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: C3 Sensodrive Issues

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

First, let me welcome you to the forum. However, the bad news is that the Sensodrive gearbox is not well thought of. Also, your code reader probably won't read the error codes your C3 is producing. For that you need to get it onto a Lexia. If you look on the following link you might find a forum member with a Lexia who is willing to help;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Try a search. This is one thread but I think there are more.
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=49308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't think it's good news though
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
gedjohnson
New User

Post by gedjohnson »

I don't get the * symbol above auto or the "-" symbol either. The car starts, stops and runs, just more often than not won't go past bloody second gear!

I live in Middlesbrough if there are any nearby Lexia owners? All help greatly appreciated with a cash prize to who can fix for good!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you look in the link I posted up it shows where all forum members with Lexias who are willing to help are.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!