Lexia installation grief

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

onthecut

Lexia installation grief

Post by onthecut »

Finally got round to buying a clone Lexia and am stumped straight away as it arrived with a couple of discs but no installation bumf. Got it to partly load, but in a couple of places it asks for a password and I have no idea if there is a fix somewhere in it around that, or not.

While the hardware bits don't look bad, the software presentation is a joke, being on a couple of unlabelled discs. Is this typical of these clones, or have I been well short changed ? Any thoughts on progressing gratefully received.

Mike.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Lexia installation grief

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

It is typical of the clones.

Try using the following password;

scary01

The last two digits are a zero and a one. The following picture might help;

http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/james ... ort=3&o=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

Where about are you Mike?
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
onthecut

Post by onthecut »

Thanks to all for the information.

'Scary01' has done the trick to get me past the initial password box and on to the page that deals with initialisation. Have clicked on that according to the YouTube guide and it then goes to commence installation ---- immediately followed by a message that there is a Lexia error and re-initialisation is required. Aaaaaaaargh !!

I did find tucked behind the loading boxes on screen a Windows error message that Windows could not open 'Torrent' files, so will have a look at sorting that and trying again, in case that is the issue. I'm attempting to load onto a laptop with a clean installation of XP ---- hopefully that's not part of the issue ?

Mike.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Mike, have you seen this thread ?

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=49311" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have a decent internet connection it might be worth you downloading the version I uploaded to mega. Then at least we know you're trying to install a known working version of the software that several of us have used.

There are various different installers for Diagbox and they're not all the same and don't all have the same installation steps so it's hard for us to offer advice on versions that are different than what we've used.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
onthecut

Post by onthecut »

Thanks for the link.

As it happens, I had spotted it and tried. Same issue ---- quitting at the Lexia stage. Meanwhile, I had another look at the discs that came with my hardware and found just Lexia, by itself on one of them. Wiped everything else (again) and tried with that. Now, I can get right to the point of final validation, but can't seem to generate a valid keycode. It's seemingly OK otherwise, as I did plug it into the car and it immediately came up with the car details -- before asking for validation. I have seen numerous suggestions on this, a couple of which I have no idea about.

One is on;y to enter the first three digit part of the Lexia issue number, leaving out the point whatever piece. Another is that the code needs to be manually entered in the box, as the system doesn't like pasting.

What I haven't seen is any suggestion on which bit of the Lexia looks for a code to start with and perhaps the means to disable it.

Have just realised at the umpteenth attempt that the server request code changes on every attempt, so the key code must be different at every try ? Also found a small text file saying the customer number and software type should be pasted in to the generation box and not entered manually. At the risk of asking a really dim question -- should the word 'Lexia' be included in the software line; just all the numbers, or numbers and ashes ?

Someone please tell me you don't have to go through this ritual everytime you use the software ??

Mike.
onthecut

Post by onthecut »

Yes ---- RESULT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, at long last have got it. Found another little text file tucked away which had a different customer number to the ubiquitous 001. Also stated to paste and not manually enter the version number. Software version entered without the last two digits.

This really has been some slog; just hope the rest of it works proeprly now.

Mike.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well done!

Are you canal based, by the way? If so, where?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

This all sounds very familiar.
I gave up and uninstalled mine today, because it was making the laptop take ages to boot, with no tangible benefit.
I've tried dozens of times, over the last several weeks, always with the same result re Lexia error and re-initialisation.
I've been trying to install it on an elderly Dell running Vista Business 32Bit and was wondering whether this might be part of the problem.
At least now I can use the laptop in a reasonable time frame.
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
onthecut

Post by onthecut »

sparksie wrote:This all sounds very familiar.
I gave up and uninstalled mine today, because it was making the laptop take ages to boot, with no tangible benefit.
I've tried dozens of times, over the last several weeks, always with the same result re Lexia error and re-initialisation.
I've been trying to install it on an elderly Dell running Vista Business 32Bit and was wondering whether this might be part of the problem.
I was getting the 'Lexia error' when trying to install the full Diagbox package and just couldn't get round it. The Lexia by itself went in pretty easily and once I sorted the activation issue seems OK. I did put it on an otherwise empty laptop and on that at least, it loads quickly and seems to work straight off. I had no installation notes with mine and in the end, it was a couple of tiny text files on the disc that had the key bits of info to get the Lexia to function. I guess different clones will vary, but on my set up, the Lexia by itself was to be found inside a folder called pp2000.

Mike.
citroenc5mad

Post by citroenc5mad »

Where did you order your copy from mike as really interested in buying one off these.

Dan
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

onthecut wrote:
sparksie wrote:This all sounds very familiar.
I was getting the 'Lexia error' when trying to install the full Diagbox package and just couldn't get round it. The Lexia by itself went in pretty easily and once I sorted the activation issue seems OK. I did put it on an otherwise empty laptop and on that at least, it loads quickly and seems to work straight off. I had no installation notes with mine and in the end, it was a couple of tiny text files on the disc that had the key bits of info to get the Lexia to function. I guess different clones will vary, but on my set up, the Lexia by itself was to be found inside a folder called pp2000.

Mike.
Hi Mike
I think the "otherwise empty" laptop is pretty much essential and I'm going to wait until I have one, before trying again.
I also suspect the disc version of the software may have a problem and will probably be trying the one uploaded by a fellow forumite instead, whenever I decide to have another go.
I don't really want to install Lexia by itself, as that's hardly ever going to be used. I'm keen to have the Pug handling capability, as I see lots of them...
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
onthecut

Post by onthecut »

My copy also has the corresponding standalone Peugeot equivalent (Planet Peugeot, or whatever it's called). I didn't want to tempt fate by trying that, having finally got a result with the Lexia. If you remain stumped, let me know and you're welcome to try with my copy.

Mike.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

As far as I'm aware, the standalone copies of Lexia and PP2000 that are supplied with most Lexia's are old obsolete versions which have all been superseded by Diagbox, which includes its own (slightly different) copies of Lexia and PP2000 and launches them as needed on a car by car basis.

For example if I diagnose a Xantia with Diagbox it launches Lexia for me after I enter the VIN number, (and then returns to Diagbox when finished) however if I diagnose a 2008 C4 Picasso it is handled entirely within Diagbox.

You definitely don't want to install the stand alone copies of Lexia or PP2000 at the same time as Diagbox as they will clash.

I don't really understand why some people are having so much trouble installing Diagbox - Version 7.15 that I have provided the download link to has worked on every machine I've tried to install it on first time - including a Dell Inspiron running Windows XP, and two different netbooks running Windows 7 32 bit.

Compared to Sedre/Docbackup (which is genuinely a complete PITA to install) its a relatively easy and painless install process...
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive