Aircon always on

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantiagreen

Aircon always on

Post by xantiagreen » 04 Sep 2014, 17:23

Air con switches on when I switch fan speed on, air con button is not lit but when I press the air con button it lights up green so switch is working but not controlling the on/off function, no wonder I have been losing mpg it's because of this. Anyone had similar problem, what's possible fault/fix.

Thanks

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Re: Aircon always on

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 04 Sep 2014, 17:27

If it is a series 2 Xantia, check if you have the heater control set to windscreen de-mist. If so, that will switch on the A/C automatically (without the A/C button being pressed), as the A/C dries out the air as it comes in, which is what you want when de-misting the windscreen.

xantiagreen

Post by xantiagreen » 05 Sep 2014, 20:45

Hell Razor5543 wrote:If it is a series 2 Xantia, check if you have the heater control set to windscreen de-mist. If so, that will switch on the A/C automatically (without the A/C button being pressed), as the A/C dries out the air as it comes in, which is what you want when de-misting the windscreen.
Cheers Razor you've saved me a trip to the mechanics, unsure if he'd have known will check with him on Monday. I've always had it set on de-mist, every car I've owned (habit I guess) i'll change it over in morning and fill her up and see what difference is on mpg by middle of next month hopefully I should hit 40mpg round town. One more question, whats the best way to clean the A/C condesor rad, coolant rad and intercooler rad, think turbo seals may be showing signs of wearing away.

Cheers

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 05 Sep 2014, 20:48

I cannot help with your second question, but it won't be long before somebody who does know gives you an answer.