Citroen C3 code reader

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Road_Hog
My Cars:

Citroen C3 code reader

Post by Road_Hog »

On the C3, the warning light (radio panel) for the fog light, reversing light and bake light keeps sounding.

It happened earlier this year, just before the MOT and the garage must have reset it whilst doing the MOT.

It's happening again and I need a code reader to reset it, unless there is some other way of doing it. Needless to say, all the lights have been checked and they are working.

I've seen readers on ebay for about £20,that seem okay, all in, no computers or software required, just plug in the reader.

It's a petrol 08 model. Any advice would be appreciated.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Citroen C3 code reader

Post by myglaren »

Personally I would contact one of the Lexia owners in your vicinity and see if they will run a diagnostic and reset the faults.
A cheap code reader may well be incapable of this.

Map of Lexia owners.
hamster99

Post by hamster99 »

My wife's C3 does the same thing when the system auto checks the bulbs and thinks there's a blown bulb somewhere. If it is beeping for more than one then it could be a dodgy earth or plug on the cluster, as the ones you mention are all in the same unit. It's dead easy to remove the whole unit from inside the boot, just a couple of hand tight wing nut thingies from memory. These faults are not resettable using a lexia (I do have one) and will only occur when it detects there is a problem. If there's no problem, no error will come up.
15 C4 1.6 eHDI 115 Exclusive - better half's
12 RR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 - Gentleman's Club on wheels
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive - gone but not forgotten
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 VTR - crushed May 2015
Road_Hog
My Cars:

Post by Road_Hog »

hamster99 wrote:My wife's C3 does the same thing when the system auto checks the bulbs and thinks there's a blown bulb somewhere. If it is beeping for more than one then it could be a dodgy earth or plug on the cluster, as the ones you mention are all in the same unit. It's dead easy to remove the whole unit from inside the boot, just a couple of hand tight wing nut thingies from memory. These faults are not resettable using a lexia (I do have one) and will only occur when it detects there is a problem. If there's no problem, no error will come up.
Thanks for that. I've had the cluster off and the plug looks fine, it's quite clean in there. I've had the plug off and given it a bit of a dust out, but it's still beeping. Also, which earth wire needs checking.
Road_Hog
My Cars:

Post by Road_Hog »

Yes, something to do with the earth of the cluster socket/plug. managed to get it working by playing with and scraping down one of the pins and associated socket. Unfortunately, it stopped working when I refitted the cluster.
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

Hi.

Dodgy earths are a feature - does the earth wire show signs of excessive heat where it goes into the plug? Richard_C posted a workaround in this thread. Haven't applied it to ours yet, but I probably will next time it happens.

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
Road_Hog
My Cars:

Post by Road_Hog »

Thanks for the help. It was indeed a dodgy earth. The car is in quite good nick and looked a lot cleaner than the photos I saw, plus there only appeared to be a very, very small amount of damage.

Anyway, scraping the connectors, contact cleaner and some more scraping of the connectors had it working again. Although it may need something more permanent in the future.