c5 locking problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tim456

c5 locking problems

Post by tim456 »

Hi all. Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere before. My 2003 citroen c5 vtr has been playing up with the locking system over the past few weeks. When I unlock the car with the keyfob sometimes the drivers door doesnt unlock which is now nearly all the time or sometimes the passenger door but ive lived with it as I just use the key in the door. My now major concern is last night I had a full service as im driving to france next week now every time I unlock the car or turn the ignition on the boot pops open? Im desperately hoping its not going to end up being another bsi fault as I had to get shot of my c5 estate a few months ago because the bsi unit went and bought this one as a replacement. ..any guidance would be great please as I leave for france in a week and dont really want everything popping open willy nilly on a 500 mile drive....thanks...Tim
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: c5 locking problems

Post by qprdude »

You might want to try a BSI reset before getting more deeply into anything. The procedure would be the same as for battery replacement I think. (see supersticky thread).
C5's are famed for having weird electrical problems due to a failing battery.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.