I should have not done that....!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bandit12
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C5 X7 diesel exclusive

I should have not done that....!

Post by Bandit12 »

Few weeks ago I posted about upgrading the aerial on my C5 to a shark type that does not foul the roof bars. Found one online for £17 that was advertised as suitable for a C5. It was even the right shade of silver with an inbuilt amplifier.
Unbolted the old one and noticed it had 4 wires and the new one only had 2. I decided to take the original one apart with the intent of putting the internals for the sat nav etc inside the new shark fin. Damn! wouldnt fit:-(
After much messing about I ended up putting the new fin aerial on the roof and holding the old one in bits in my hand.

The new one looks fab:-) but is utter c**p :-(

The satnav now doesnt work cos the module in the aerial is now 'missing'. this i can live with but I can only get a fraction of the radio stations I used to be able to pick up:-( I then decided to get a second hand car O/E aerial and base and put car back to standard. Couldnt find one anywhere so admitted defeat, went to the local dealer and ordered one for £40.

Note to self-If it works then leave it alone!

P.S anyone want a nice shiny shark fin aerial for their car? ;-)
2002 Citroen C5 2.2Hdi exclusive estate (sadly gone) :(
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)