zx blower resistors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tony1961

zx blower resistors

Post by tony1961 »

Hi all. After driving through and in the remains of hurricane bertha on Friday, I noticed today that the blower only works on max speed, Also noticed on Friday that the passenger footwell was slightly damp. So I assume some water has got in.
can you get to the resistor pack from the footwell or through the engine compartment ?
And are they good old fashioned resistors, or some sort of electronic circuitry.
Many thanks Tony.
chrysler grand voyager 2.8crd limited 2007
zx 1.9 d temptation 1997
zx 1.9 td memphis 1995
zx 1.9 d estate [on the drive]
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Re: zx blower resistors

Post by Sl4yer »

Hi Tony.

The resistor pack is accessed from under the windscreen scuttle panel - you'll have to carefully pull this away. It can't be that difficult if I've managed it though. It's just a set of resistors in a cage, no electronics.

In my experience, these only fail when the blower motor is getting stiff, so it may be worth checking that out too. It's accessed from the passenger footwell. Saying that, I've never had a ZX fail to full speed only. Also never had water come into my ZXs through the blower - hope it's not your heater matrix...

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
tony1961

Post by tony1961 »

It's not heater matrix it was that I was going through deep floods, and cars coming the other way on narrow country lanes was like tidal waves hitting the Car. Will take scuttle panel off on thu my next day off ,thanks
chrysler grand voyager 2.8crd limited 2007
zx 1.9 d temptation 1997
zx 1.9 td memphis 1995
zx 1.9 d estate [on the drive]
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Could the water have come in through the drains in the sills?
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

myglaren wrote:Could the water have come in through the drains in the sills?
I was wondering that myself. I know from bitter experience what happens when water gets high enough to come in through the scuttle and faulty blowers are not a priority in that scenario! If the engine survived any such event, the owner can give up playing the Lottery...s/he has had their lifetime allocation of luck!
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD