Xantia Plip - what again?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dr Madvibe
My Cars: I did have a nice Activa but now I've got a Merc CLK 280 Avantgarde Convertible LPG with permanent warning lights.

Xantia Plip - what again?

Post by Dr Madvibe »

I have been reading several of the plip threads on here but none seem to mention my particular predicament.
I have an ex-fleet 1999 V reg Xantia Activa. Although it has been serviced regularly, it seems to have been a bit of a "pool car". Somewhere along the line the users have lost the "code card" that was supposed to come with it and one of the plips [there is no service key].
How can I get another plip [2nd hand if possible to minimise cost] and then re-program the code so they both work? I understand you have to have a key in the ignition and then wave the plips at the centre console receiver.
Presumably I detach the key from my origianl, get another cut for the new plip and then use either when reprogramming the plips.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

being a 1999 im guessing its a mk2 which will have an HF plip.
im pretty sure you need the transponder code card to program them,you could try phoning the supplying dealer they may have a note of the number failing that they can get it from citroen from the vin number but they will charge you for the code (about £15).
see this post about programming > http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=4895
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wheeler</i>

im pretty sure you need the transponder code card to program them,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Somebody posted the method of programming the HF system for another plip. It is similar to the method for the IR type but you have to go through a sequence of button presses with the plip near (or in?) the ignition.
Obviously if it was as simple as the IR version we would all be reprogramming eachothers cars in the supermarket carpark.