Undoing Lowered Suspension 206.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boltonbloke

Undoing Lowered Suspension 206.

Post by boltonbloke »

Hello all. My girlfriend has just bought a 51 plate 206 2litre hdi. It seems that the previous owner was a boy racer and has lowered the suspension. This makes for an uncomfortable drive, especially going over a speed bump. I have been told that restoring the suspension to normal is an easy job requiring an easy adjustment. Is this true....or has she bought a lemon??? Replies appreciated. Thanks.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Undoing Lowered Suspension 206.

Post by Peter.N. »

I would think that the front shouldn't be to difficult, just replace the springs with standard ones, I don't know what type of rear suspension it has but if its torsion bar it might be possible to adjust it.

Peter
Oldpug
My Cars: Peugeot 406 GLX
Audi A3 TFSI S Line
Mercedes SL320
(In the past,just about every old Peugeot you can think of.)

Post by Oldpug »

As said above.........A lot depends on how much "boy racer kit" has been fitted?? The front struts and rear shocks could have been replaced for short travel stiff ones?? A Peugeot expert should be able to tell you if they are non standard parts.Replacing all this is a very simple job. All 206`s have torsion bar rear suspension,so the ride height can be adjusted.A straight forward job for a Peugeot expert.Especially if it has been done before, the torsion bar splines should be greased and not seized??
boltonbloke

Post by boltonbloke »

Thanks guys.