ZX heater dead

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HAMMERED
My Cars:

ZX heater dead

Post by HAMMERED »

hi every one just a hopefully easy one - g/f was driving to work yesterday and the blower just turned off! understandably she was a little cold!
well i ve read the post here and it could be maybe these things
the ignition switch(havent checked it yet)
the resistor pack(dont know where it is)
ive checked the fuese and they are all ok
ive taken the heater switch out (no mean task) and there appears to be no power to it (gnd is good)
question is - where on earth is the resistor pack??
then i can at least look at that b4 i send it to the garage
thanks everyone for a very informative forum
ps ive got the diagrams alrady - thanks for the link
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

hi,
the heater resistor is located underneath the plastic grill/seal between the windscreen/bulkhead/bonnet. it is fastened to the bulkhead, twist it anticlockwise and will come away with ease. its worth just replacing it as it is most likely the source of the problem,
good luck,
Dan
1992 ZX Aura Turbo D
HAMMERED
My Cars:

Post by HAMMERED »

ok cheers :) - ive sorted it now - after ripping much of my g/f's car plastics apart , it was indeed the resistor pack, and i can say its a complete b**ch to get out!
i put some wire over the fuse which had blown - not sure if this is advisable or not - the fue had prolly blown as my g/f never turns the fan on normally for some bizarre reason, she shuts off the butterfly valve in the blower unit so maybe it had overheated i dunno, either that or it was the build up of leaves in the grill.
but anyways shes happy now she dosent have to pay for a repair - all thanks to u guys - cheers
HAMMERED
My Cars:

Post by HAMMERED »

can u get to it from the top of the car? i had to take out the glovebox, motor unit and reach underneath hte motor houseing and pull the sucker out that way lol hmmmm
andyg

Post by andyg »

can u get to it from the top of the car? i had to take out the glovebox, motor unit and reach underneath hte motor houseing and pull the sucker out that way lol hmmmm
Hi,
Er, yes, it's much easier and quicker if you had gone from the top. As Dan mentioned, you remove the plastic trim below the windscreen (5-6 screws) and prise off the plastic (again) grill covering the top of the heater element - it's glued on with a mastic sealer but remains pliable.
Takes about 10 mins.