Aircon has not been used for a few years on the Xantia so I had it tested for leaks today. The garage (didn't speak English and my French for this sort of thing is not good) said that the system was leaking from the dryer and gave me a quote for a new dryer and pressure switch, plus labour and re-gassing. So I have the following questions please:-
If they located the leak does that mean that the whole system must be in working order?
I read on another post that the dryer cannot leak?
It looks easy to change both parts ourselves and we can get the same valeo parts substantially cheaper than the garage quoted here in France. If we do it ourselves are there issues we should be aware of? We will have the system serviced and re-gassed afterwards by a professional.
All contributions gratefully received
Thanks,
Juliet