battery drain

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

battery drain

Post by deano1970 »

sorry for posting about a renault again in here,but there are so many more people in here,just after some advice....I have enquired about a car,a laguna 05 plate,which is going very cheap,1.9 diesel....anyway,I rang the guy up and he said the only problem with the car is that the battery drains,there are no lights left on,and it's fine all day, but next morning the battery is flat? he has tried another battery and same is happening.....I don't know whether to buy the car or leave it, it's got full mot and he only wants 695 for it,looks really nice for that kind of money.........anybody got any ideas what the problem could be???? thanks......dean.....
C5 X7
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: battery drain

Post by Gibbo2286 »

The most likely thing is blown diodes in the alternator, an easy fix, Also aftermarket alarm systems are notorious for battery drain and are best ripped out if fitted.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: battery drain

Post by Peter.N. »

I would agree, disconnect the alternator and put an amp meter between the disconnected end and what it was connected to, check, more than a few milliamps and the alternator is faulty. If its not that could be a difficult one to find.

Peter