2002 Xsara Picasso Door mirrors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Saul
New User

2002 Xsara Picasso Door mirrors

Post by Saul »

I have a Xsara Picasso 2002 Desire 2.0 HDI. Since I have had the car the outside temperature display and passenger side electric mirror haven't worked. Now I think the temperature sensor is in the passenger side mirror. I took the non working mirror off to see if I could find out if anything was amiss. Well it turns out that the mirror and temperature sensor presumably were not working as they were not connected to the car. The mirror must have been replaced at some point with the wrong item. The cars connector has a square 9 pin plug whereas the mirror has a an oblong seven pin connector, obviously they are incompatible so were never connected when the new mirror was fitted.
I am not to worried about the electric and heated functions of the mirror but I would like to get the outside temperature sensor working. Does anybody know which wires I have to connect to achieve this.
Failing that I have seen the correct mirror with the correct connector on ebay for about £30 so I could buy one of them as it isn't that much. Only thing is the coloured trim panel. How would I change my current one on the mirror to any new mirror I was to buy. Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: 2002 Xsara Picasso Door mirrors

Post by Lighty »

Hi, the temp sensor wires are both black, and not polarity sensitive, the mirror capping just pops off and can easily be swapped from an old mirror to new.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Saul
New User

Re: 2002 Xsara Picasso Door mirrors

Post by Saul »

Thanks for the info , I will have a look at the wires later.