Strange Problem on Lightings Stick?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

begins
My Cars:

Strange Problem on Lightings Stick?

Post by begins »

Hi all,

There is a strange problem with my lightings stick (Not sure about the exact term, but please refer to the attached picture) in my Citroen C5 2007 2.0 Petrol.

Headlamps are working but fog lamps not lighted up when switching on and off using the stick. When I did my electrovalves change recently, the Citroen service centre told me briefly that both front and rear fog lamp are working. Just that the stick to switch on and off is not working.

They told me I have to change the whole stick to make it work again and quoted me a bomb for it.

What could have been the problem? Is there a more economical way to solve this problem?

Kindly advise me.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
handyman
My Cars:

Re: Strange Problem on Lightings Stick?

Post by handyman »

This is a common problem on many later PSA cars, both Citroen & Peugeot. Luckily, there is a commonality of this part between a few models, as I've fitted Peugeot parts on Citroens & vice-versa.

If you PM me your RPO number or the last eight digits of your VIN, I'll be able to identify the right unit. They are not too expensive! :shock:

As far as I can ascertain, the problems are usually dirty contacts &/or weakened tension springs. I've yet to dismember one to find out the underlying problem within the lighting stalk (the word you were looking for), but there can also be connectivity problems at wiring & contacts around the steering wheel boss.

H
begins
My Cars:

Post by begins »

handyman wrote:This is a common problem on many later PSA cars, both Citroen & Peugeot. Luckily, there is a commonality of this part between a few models, as I've fitted Peugeot parts on Citroëns & vice-versa.

If you PM me your RPO number or the last eight digits of your VIN, I'll be able to identify the right unit. They are not too expensive! :shock:

As far as I can ascertain, the problems are usually dirty contacts &/or weakened tension springs. I've yet to dismember one to find out the underlying problem within the lighting stalk (the word you were looking for), but there can also be connectivity problems at wiring & contacts around the steering wheel boss.

H
Good to see that there is a solution around it.

My number is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].

Thank you very much.

Regards,
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Here's the part no (and price :cry: ) from service.citroen:

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT

0006242T0 CONTROL UNIT 266.08 GBP 319.30 GBP 319.30 GBP

In the UK at least there are suppliers of refurbished / aftermarket units that are cheaper than that.
Richard W