Dear guys,
on my Mk2 Xantia Break the roof vibrates in a specific RPM range. The roof is probably glued to a carrier leading between the B-columns and the bonding does not hold any more. When a rear passenger supports the roof, the vibrations are gone.
Is it a typical illness of Mk2 Xantias?
As the interior lining on the roof is glued as well, it is nearly impossible to reach the roof.
Any ideas how to repair that?
Thanks a lot in advance
Karel
Xantia Mk2: Roof vibrates
-
Mandrake
- Posts: 8692
- Joined: 10 Apr 2005, 17:23
- x 695
Re: Xantia Mk2: Roof vibrates
I wouldn't say its a typical problem - in fact I've never heard of a vibrating roof on a Xantia!
Simon
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White
1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1978 CX 2400
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White
1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1978 CX 2400
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
-
Estately
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 223
- Joined: 02 Nov 2010, 20:50
- x 22
Re: Xantia Mk2: Roof vibrates
Hi Marsalek,
I know the noise that you mention, sounds like wires rattling in the roof somewhere on the lefthand side at the rear at certain RPM. Tend to notice it in the colder weather but apart from slight irritation I don't think that there is any problem with functionality.
Would a little shot of building expanding foam above the roof lining cure it?
Andy
I know the noise that you mention, sounds like wires rattling in the roof somewhere on the lefthand side at the rear at certain RPM. Tend to notice it in the colder weather but apart from slight irritation I don't think that there is any problem with functionality.
Would a little shot of building expanding foam above the roof lining cure it?
Andy
If it can happen it will.
-
addo
- Sara Watson's Stalker
- Posts: 7098
- Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
- x 95
-
marsalek
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 21 May 2003, 16:37
- x 19
Re: Xantia Mk2: Roof vibrates
Hi guys,
yesterday I was able to squeeze some 4 mm thin sponge sheet (5 x 10 cm) in between the transverse frame and the roof. To do that, I removed the rear-passenger handles and cautiously pulled away but not un-bonded the roof lining. Then I moved the sponges towards the middle of the roof by just a couple of centimeters. Now the vibrations are gone, but let's see, for how long
Regards
Karel from Cologne
yesterday I was able to squeeze some 4 mm thin sponge sheet (5 x 10 cm) in between the transverse frame and the roof. To do that, I removed the rear-passenger handles and cautiously pulled away but not un-bonded the roof lining. Then I moved the sponges towards the middle of the roof by just a couple of centimeters. Now the vibrations are gone, but let's see, for how long
Regards
Karel from Cologne