Advise On Fitting New Rear Height Sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

morto
My Cars: Citroen c5 , Audi A3 S line TDI

Advise On Fitting New Rear Height Sensor

Post by morto »

Hello all its D-Day tomorrow i will be fitting a new rear height sensor to my c52.2hdi 2002 plate, if after ive fitted it it still wont go up,, its scrapyard time!! iv put 0.5 thru the system to try and bleed the rear but no go!! the front will raise perfect and if i force the back up with a jack with the front on full height the rear will raise to the top but will not level just sinks to the bottom.. to be honest iv had enuff.. so any help will be appreciated!!
2002 2.2hdi C5
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

I have no idea what is wrong but do hope you get sorted would hate to see a C5 go to the scrappers.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along later.
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
morto

Re: Advise On Fitting New Rear Height Sensor

Post by morto »

Many thanks for yr reply mate,, its got to a point were its just not worth putting much more money in as the car is not worth much.. ive spent maybe 3 full days trying to sort it out and done everything everybody has told me to do

Andy
2002 2.2hdi C5
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

You're supposed to set up the height with a Lexia after replacing the height sensor. In the real world the height can be set by rotating the clamp on the anti roll bar.
Otherwise its just a case of unplug, unscrew and undo the ball joint on the sensor end of the little link. As all the best manuals say reassembly is the reverse of the dismantling process. By the way have you carried out the voltage checks to determine if the sensor is actually faulty or did you just splash out on the new one?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You might also want to (with care) open up the old one. The pictures aren't currently working, but somebody else had an issue with their rear height control, and was able to fix it;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 56736&hili" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the second time today I have dug out this link!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
morto

Post by morto »

Thank you all good news is it was the rear height sensor, only issue i have now is its failed emmissions,, its got no cat or DPF in but as i understand the test cannot tell weather you have a dpf or cat in.. on advice from other im going to give it a good thrash with .... https://www.dipetane.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; a litre to half a tank ive been told.. any advise on this ?

Thank
Andy
2002 2.2hdi C5