Cracked hydraulic pipe Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

EDD

Cracked hydraulic pipe Xantia

Post by EDD »

I have a cracked hydraulic pipe,offside front suspension sphere,where is the best place to get hold of a new one and a new seal.
EDD
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

try www.gsfcarparts.com
if they can't help - then try www.pleiades.uk.com/
the pipe needs replacing over it's entire run - and a new seal both ends.
allways remove the old seal from the pipe port - using a hooked hairpin or paperclip - then insert new pipe with seal on the pipe end - lubricated with LHM. never insert the seal first.
ensure the work is done observing cleanliness.
EDD

Post by EDD »

Thanks Anders ,GSF list a part 65994 fr/rh do you know if this it .I've been in touch with GSF but I'm still waiting for a reply.
Thanks EDD
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

N65994 BRAK.PIPE CONNECTOR-2 WAY 4.5MM 2 WAY CONNECTOR FOR BX;CX;XM;XANTIA 1.00 1
I perfectly understand why you choosed this part [8D]
It's about the cheapest bit related to hydraulic pipes you can find in GSF stock listings [;)]
- but it's NOT this part you need [B)]
First off the pipe cracked on your Xantia is 3.5mm - (above is for 4.5mm pipes)
Next off these pipe connectors are to be used ONLY with prepared pipe ends - the special Citroen pipe end flaring PLUS a pipe union nut (and seal).
I suspect what you are thinking is to REPAIR your cracked Xantia pipe using some kind of a union joint.
This is allright - if the original pipe is flared on the ends with a special tool for Citroen pipe flaring - cost at least UK£70.
But then again I don't think you're prepared taking this route [?][:o)]
I have to be sure you understand that the Citroen hydraulic suspension (& brakes) systems works off pressures approx 150bar - or 2500psi.
You don't just mess around with such pressures crossing fingers things will work.
As you may understand it's not just an MOT issue - but pure safety.
Try get GSF on phone and ask for the specific pipe.
Either they have the pipe - or directs you off to another company (like Pleiades mentioned above).
I expect the pipe to be approx UK£20.
EDD

Post by EDD »

Thanks again Anders ,I wish these descriptions of parts were a bit more informative.I do intend to replace the whole pipe, as you say the pressure involved with the supply to the cylinders is very high.
EDD