Spheres on c5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

morto
My Cars: Citroen c5 , Audi A3 S line TDI

Spheres on c5

Post by morto »

Hello all.. can anyone tell me if all the 6 spheres on a c5 2002 plate 2.2hdi with hydractive 3plus are all the same and do they all undoe anticlockwise please.. and any advise on the best way to depressurise the system when im changing them

Many thanks
2002 2.2hdi C5
KP
My Cars:

Re: Spheres on c5

Post by KP »

Only way to properly depressurise is with a lexia/diagbox dis agnostic.

Where are you located?

Yes they do unscrew that way. It's best to soak the mating faces as much in advance of the work being done as possible and worth spending the £15 or so on the tool from eBay for them.
morto

Post by morto »

im in cumbria mate,, gona try a few more things then gona scrap it,, car just not worth it
2002 2.2hdi C5
morto

Post by morto »

answer to my question is the rear are different psi to the front and the center ones or also different psi,, when iget time will post the psi for each so there all specific..
2002 2.2hdi C5
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

KP wrote:Only way to properly depressurise is with a lexia/diagbox dis agnostic.
Thats not true at all & ive lost count of the amount of times i've posted this on here but you don't need lexia to depressurise hydractive 3 & 3+ systems. You can properly depressurise the system with a small ring spanner (8 or 10mm from memory), on 3+ models there is a small nipple on each of the stiffness regulators. Drop the car into low then loosen the nipples one at a time till the fluid stops running out, system is now fully de pressurised & done quicker that it even takes lexia to boot up. Best to put a rubber tube over the nipples so you can direct the fluid into a tub.
After all if the BHI was faulty & you couldn't get communication with lexia how would you be able to depresdurise it to change it ?