Aberdeenshire mini mini-meet.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Aberdeenshire mini mini-meet.

Post by qprdude »

8-) On a gloriously sunny Wednesday afternoon, we had a three man mini-meet at Chris's house in Kemnay. DavieMck travelled down from Macduff and I undertook the massive trek from Inverurie :wink:

We enjoyed a nice cup of coffee and a good blether about many things, both Citroen and non-Citroen. What a nice friendly pair they are.
We then de-camped to Chris's garage and driveway where Davie's white C5 VTR was hooked up to Chris's Lexia. It was the first time I had seen anything hooked up to an engine since the days of Sun and Crypton tuners!!!. :lol:

The C5 took a wee while to start talking but Chris soon had some of the faults flashing up. Davies battery was struggling so Chris jump started it from a van sitting in the driveway. This was when I found out that tie wraps can now be re-useable. In all the years of using them, possibly thousands, (tie wraps, not years)I had never encountered the ones with the little tag that can be flicked open to release the tail from the teeth. :oops:

The day wore on, with some good banter but had promised to pick up swimbo at 4.30 so had to make my excuses and leave Davie and Chris for a higher authority. :wink:

Great to meet you guys and hope it can happen again sometime.
Last edited by qprdude on 12 Jul 2014, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Aberdeenshire ultra mini-meet

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I have encountered the re-usable cable ties, but they have a limited life before the latch part wears down. I prefer the Velcro ones that Waitrose (amongst others) use.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: Aberdeenshire ultra mini-meet

Post by daviemck2006 »

It was a good day, and my car is running faultlessly just now. I am a wee bit worried how quickly my battery went down while Chris was lexiaing. The only electrics on as far as I was aware of was Chris had an inverter plugged into my power socket for his laptop. I have a brand new battery here, but is a smaller one so not really much use, it was for the 1.8 petrol freelander I briefly had, so might not be up to a 2.0 hdi. I like Rick's x7, sitting in it I love the steering wheel with its fixed hub aka the c4 I had and the instruments, although different from mine are similar to look at, and it was not until Rick pointed it out that I noticed, the needles go round the outside, pointing in which is different. The x7 is lovely, but were I to buy one in the future it would be the estate, I dont need one, but I like the versatility that a hatch offers. Good day which I'm sure will be repeated at some point.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
c.morewood
Donor 2023
My Cars: '00 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 65K "W"
'99 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 310K SORN "V"
'98 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate 150K Sold "T"

Re: Aberdeenshire mini mini-meet.

Post by c.morewood »

I found out why it took so long with the Lexia, boys.
When you change cars the laptop needs to completely restarted.. at least mine does. When I'd finished with Davies C5 i left Diagbox/Lexia open and the laptop on hibernation thinking I'd be quicker next time I used it on my car.
This works when you're using the same car, as I have done it with the Xantia in the past, but not when you have to change cars but not when changing cars as we found out.
The only way to get the scantool to work was to shut down and restart windows.. I'll know better next time Davie.
Chris
Tesla Model 3 LR DM AWD Blue White
'00 Xant 110HdiSX Est 83K "W"
'99 Xant 110HdiSX Est 320K "V"
'98 Xant 1.9TDSX Est 150K "T"
'97 Xant 1.9TD 20k Est
'94 Fiat TipoTd 40K

'85 BMW K100RT 330K Garaged 26yrs '80 Honda CB250 twin Superdream
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: Aberdeenshire mini mini-meet.

Post by daviemck2006 »

It may have worked better then and done the global reset that you can do on your own car Chris. I'llhave to sort the broken wires down at the front left hub and see Iif that is the steering sensor before it gets another plug in.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2