Facelift C5 Leather Seats

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Roger S
New User

Facelift C5 Leather Seats

Post by Roger S »

Hi - does anyone have any ideas on "tightening up" the leather on the drivers front seat. All others look fine and "taut" but on my 6 year old C5 the drivers one appears a bit loose although it has only covered 36k since new. Also a big up for Citroen Redditch who I brought the car from under the Citroen Select scheme - had a few sat nav screen issues and needed a new glove box front. All done very professionally by them whilst I drank their (free) coffee - and they washed and valeted the vehicle for me - well worth the extra paid when going to a main dealer - and its a lovely car. My forth C5 but first facelift one - really good. Now - about the seat.......
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

You might find the supporting foam or (worse) the stitched in shaping layer are degrading a little. Are there tiny foam crumbs on the floor around the seat rails?
Roger S
New User

Re: Facelift C5 Leather Seats

Post by Roger S »

No, nothing like that - the leather on the lower part of the seat is just a little less taut than on the other seats - but overall support and shape is fine.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Facelift C5 Leather Seats

Post by qprdude »

Leather furniture restorers use heat guns I believe. They get the leather really hot with a thing that looks like one of those paint stripper guns. Might be worth asking a furniture restorer. If you are doing that, remember that any "piping" is likely to be plastic, and will melt. Personally, I would live with the leather the way it is, unless you're willing to take a chance on ruining it altogether.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.