Xantia TD hickup

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

byli
My Cars:

Xantia TD hickup

Post by byli »

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you out there have had a diesel missfire/hickup on your Citroens and how did you solve it?
I experiece this in all gears between 2000-2200rpm and 2400-2800rpm. Lots of people have inspected the vehicle and never managed to find the fault. The car is regularly serviced with fuel and oil filters replaced every 6000 miles.
Also, the ABS faulty code has come up on the dash board! is this a common problem with all Citroens that the sensors are faulty or is this a faulty ABS-brain(ECU) problem??
Thanks for your help!
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

byli,
I've been through the mill on the old diesel front. Can you give a little more detail and we'll see if someone can help.
Some suggestions:-
Hot or cold?
Tickover?
Power on/power off?
Hard acceleration/cruising speeds?
Cornering/straight driving?
Has the problem ocurred since the last fuel filter change or did the last change make no difference? Was there any water to be seen in the fuel filter housing when it was last changed?
A faulty TDC sensor or its associated wiring would give the same symptoms if the fault was intermittent.
Drive along a flat even road and count the time differences between hiccups. Is it consistent? or random?
As for the ABS just use the search facility at the top of the page and type in ABS. You'll find one or two threads which have dealt with the subject before !
regards
noz