1.4 Petrol Anti Pollution and Catalytic Converter Fault

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ketchup469
New User

1.4 Petrol Anti Pollution and Catalytic Converter Fault

Post by Ketchup469 »

Hi Guys,

Really hoping someone can help as I'm getting desperate! Bought my 307 about four months ago, an 03 plate with around 70k on the clock. The past few weeks I've been getting her juddering and struggling with power, the engine warning light coming on and anti-pollution fault flashing up. Managed to read an error code and it told us there was a fault in no4 injector. Tried swapping an injector out but could possibly have been the wrong one, also tried a new coil pack which had no effect. Since then the error has changed and its now saying catayltic converter fault, and the engine light wont stop flashing. The car has stalled on me a few times and if i dont keep the revs up then struggles to keep going.

I really can't afford to go to a main dealership near me, and I'm not sure I trust them anyway being as they managed to MOT the car and not notice a door wouldn't open!!! If anyone can help at all would be majorly appreciated, completely out of ideas :cry: :cry: :cry:
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: 1.4 Petrol Anti Pollution and Catalytic Converter Fault

Post by myglaren »

First thing that occurs to me is that PSA engines have their cylinders numbered in the reverse of the conventional so if you swap what looks like injector #1 then you may be getting somewhere with it.
Ketchup469
New User

Post by Ketchup469 »

Thanks :) A friend of mine swapped the injector out so I will double check with him which one as I was at work at the time!!
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

What mileage?

Notwithstanding the injector message, can be worth checking the coils with either Peugeot Planet or Diagbox software, also you may simply have a blocked cat. There's probably a "test pipe" you can buy for substitution testing.
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

Check the Lexia map thread and find a local member to give you a Planet diagnostic.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales