Saw these in Sortland, Norway.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Saw these in Sortland, Norway.

Post by demag »

Yes I know one isn't a Citroen but it is nice isn't it?
The Xant had Activa badges on it.

Saw quite a fe C5's.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Saw these in Sortland, Norway.

Post by CitroJim »

demag wrote: The Xant had Activa badges on it.

Nice but not a V6 by the looks of the exhaust... Has the winter kit on it I see but them in that country it would need it :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

That´s 2.0 16v - not even TCT.
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

And what's wrong with that? In the right hands, with the right tuning, the Twin-Cam engine can be as quick, if not quicker than the TCT.

H
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

handyman wrote:And what's wrong with that? In the right hands, with the right tuning, the Twin-Cam engine can be as quick, if not quicker than the TCT.
Quite. And a sweeter engine as well...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

handyman wrote:And what's wrong with that? In the right hands, with the right tuning, the Twin-Cam engine can be as quick, if not quicker than the TCT.

H
Well it might be possible that that´s not Activa at all, at least here in Finland there´s no 16v Activas at all.

If I´m not mistaken, TCT´s official power figures aren´t very realistic and there´s a bit more power than 150hp. And with a bit of programming it´s as powerful as V6 - with a bit more (bigger turbo etc.), much more powerful. Tuning engine without turbo is waste of time and money.

I don´t understand Activa´s with this 16v -engine or diesel, even TCT and V6 are a bit underpowered for Activa. Well maybe Activa with new 2,2HDi 205 tuned would be nice. :mrgreen:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Xantippa wrote:And with a bit of programming it´s as powerful as V6 - with a bit more (bigger turbo etc.), much more powerful. Tuning engine without turbo is waste of time and money.
In standard trim the TCT has lovely quantities of torque which makes it a lovely, lazy engine if not a particularly fun or refined one..

However, put a manual boost controller on it with a tweaked ECU to take away the one bar boost limit and hold on to your hat. It really comes to life and breathes fire :-D It remains quite a coarse engine though, nowhere near as sweet as the 16V or V6...

A well-tweaked TCT, and I know of one and have driven it, out-performs a V6 Activa - which I've also driven - in sheer naked go but lacks the refinement of the V6.

I don't really see the Activa as a performance car. I see it much more a fast GT in the true sense of the word. It can cover long distances exceedingly quickly, comfortably and in some style with a smile even with a standard TCT. Put a V6 in it and it becomes even better as a long-distance GT. Almost perfect in that role I'd say, especially with cruise control...

I'd imagine a 16v would fall somewhere between the TCT and V6 in the refinement department.

Biggest problem with the TCT is turbo lag. V6 power is INSTANT!
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Oddly enough I saw an Aston Martin coming towards me this morning and it struck me that it could have done with Activa suspension.
Looked as though the driver's teeth would be loose before he got wherever he was going.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:Oddly enough I saw an Aston Martin coming towards me this morning
I parked next to one in on Wednesday when I went shopping... I was in my Activa and thought it was a good pairing. Two thoroughbreds together...

One does get a higher standard of car in the Waitrose car park I find...

So, they're a tad hard in the old suspension department are they Steve? I'd have thought something like an Aston would have had pretty sophisticated suspension anyway and an Activa-type set-up would have been standard on such a car...
Jim

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

James May hates them because of the suspension. He blames this on the fact that most high performance car makes take their cars to the Nurburgring for testing. It makes for very firm suspension that rattles your teeth on normal roads.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:
So, they're a tad hard in the old suspension department are they Steve? I'd have thought something like an Aston would have had pretty sophisticated suspension anyway and an Activa-type set-up would have been standard on such a car...

This one certainly was - I was quite surprised.
That road surface is a bit on the rough side but the Aston wasn't doing at all well.
Can't say I have noticed previously though - on my way to work I pass a BUPA hospital and there are often Astons and the like on the road with me but I haven’t noticed such a rough ride previously.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:on my way to work I pass a BUPA hospital and there are often Astons and the like
Presumably their owners are in the hospital having their backs sorted and their eyeballs put back in their correct places after driving the aforesaid Astons!
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I reckon it is the doctors there but who knows :-D
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

CitroJim wrote:
Xantippa wrote:And with a bit of programming it´s as powerful as V6 - with a bit more (bigger turbo etc.), much more powerful. Tuning engine without turbo is waste of time and money.
In standard trim the TCT has lovely quantities of torque which makes it a lovely, lazy engine if not a particularly fun or refined one..

However, put a manual boost controller on it with a tweaked ECU to take away the one bar boost limit and hold on to your hat. It really comes to life and breathes fire :-D It remains quite a coarse engine though, nowhere near as sweet as the 16V or V6...

A well-tweaked TCT, and I know of one and have driven it, out-performs a V6 Activa - which I've also driven - in sheer naked go but lacks the refinement of the V6.

I don't really see the Activa as a performance car. I see it much more a fast GT in the true sense of the word. It can cover long distances exceedingly quickly, comfortably and in some style with a smile even with a standard TCT. Put a V6 in it and it becomes even better as a long-distance GT. Almost perfect in that role I'd say, especially with cruise control...

I'd imagine a 16v would fall somewhere between the TCT and V6 in the refinement department.

Biggest problem with the TCT is turbo lag. V6 power is INSTANT!
That "well tweaked TCT", is that a series 1 or 2?
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

ACTIVE8 wrote: That "well tweaked TCT", is that a series 1 or 2?
Series 1. belongs to Chris570. Now back on the road. Drove it yesterday. My comments can be seen in his blog 8-)

It's a beast :twisted:
Jim