Electric window help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MonkeyMark

Electric window help

Post by MonkeyMark »

Hi,

Today the passenger window on my 04 C8 stopped working as it should.
When the window gets to the top it then goes back down about 6 inches. Its not dropping but actually going back down. Even when locking the car it does the same so I'll have to either fix it or disconnect it.

Has anyone had this issue before and does anyone know a solution or is it a new reg required?

Many thanks, a frustrated Citroen owner.
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Re: Electric window help

Post by miked »

Sounds like the anti-pinch. I'm sure the handbook says something about what to do to re-initialise it. From memory (Wife is out in our car) it is something like keep the down button pressed until it's fully open then keep the up pressed until and for a couple of seconds after it's closed. The car basically needs to learn how tall the window is.
MonkeyMark

Re: Electric window help

Post by MonkeyMark »

miked wrote:Sounds like the anti-pinch. I'm sure the handbook says something about what to do to re-initialise it. From memory (Wife is out in our car) it is something like keep the down button pressed until it's fully open then keep the up pressed until and for a couple of seconds after it's closed. The car basically needs to learn how tall the window is.
Thanks for that. It was the anti pinch but resetting is a little different.

Put the window all the way down. Pressing up will only go a few centimetres. Press again, repeat until fully closed.

OK that's sorted...... But now the windows won't work when locking/ unlocking using the remote
Happy(ish) C8 owner.