Xantia S2 V6 Engine mount

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Xantia S2 V6 Engine mount

Post by Northern_Mike »

The one on the top left of the engine mounting it to the drivers side. Hefty rubber bushing.

Totally perished and split. Can anyone cost one up for me? I imagine one has to buy the whole assembly and it's not cheap...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia S2 V6 Engine mount

Post by CitroJim »

Mike, don't quote me but I think it may be NFP now...

An alternative is to see if KingAS will rebuild it as he does XM Strut Tops...

email him at info@elastomer.eu with pictures and descriptions and see what he has to say. I'll almost put money on him wanting 75 funny things plus VAT and carriage.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Jim, you do surprise me when you say it might be NFP :twisted: :-D ...... It looks totally ruined really doesn't it?

£300 Xantia project with T&T anyone?
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

People like SASIC sell new inserts for a lot of those applications. Not OEM quality but quite decent.
Northern_Mike

Re:

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:People like SASIC sell new inserts for a lot of those applications. Not OEM quality but quite decent.
It's becoming too problematic for me to be arsed with Addo. It's not that I can't do it, I can't be bothered. I'm trying to find your post about fitting Xantia seats in a Berlingo..

EDIT: Problematic is the wrong word. It runs, and it goes well. The engine and box are fine. There are lots of little niggles and as Jim has found, there are better things to do than spend all our time buggering about with broken cars!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Mike if you send me the last 8 digits of your chassis/VIN No. i will get the OE price and part No.,

which if you dont like the price you can do a gooooogly search with the No. to see if you can fin one NOS
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The Xantia seats in Berlingo was on the other forum. You end up more elevated but I like it.
Northern_Mike

Re:

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:The Xantia seats in Berlingo was on the other forum. You end up more elevated but I like it.
I'd quite like electric leather front seats in the Berlingo if we can ever get to the bottom of the knocking..
Northern_Mike

Re: Re: Xantia S2 V6 Engine mount

Post by Northern_Mike »

citronut wrote:Mike if you send me the last 8 digits of your chassis/VIN No. i will get the OE price and part No.,

which if you dont like the price you can do a gooooogly search with the No. to see if you can fin one NOS
VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] is the VIN Malcolm.

It's not just that that's made me feel like giving up. The wiring issues are annoying, not sure I can be arsed with taking bumpers off and trying to work out what wrong.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

here is price and part No. that comes S/C comes up with on your VIN No.

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
0000180620 HOOK ANTICOUPLE 40.70 GBP 48.84 GBP 48.84 GBP

as Jim says its showing as NFP,

although you can non the less ask your local dealer to do an all dealer search,

the other thing i noticed is in your pucy its looks like the bush is laying on its side in situe, but in the drawing on S/C it looks to be sitting on its edge????
Regards, malcolm.

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Thanks Malcolm. It's a bad picture taken at an angle. I'll take a better one, but the whole thing should be horizontal.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

northern_mike wrote:the whole thing should be horizontal.
I'd be worried if it wasn't!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Mine went like that on my old Xantia so I just got a regular engine mount bush off of ebay that was the nearest size then 'made' it fit :-D
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Stempy wrote:Mine went like that on my old Xantia so I just got a regular engine mount bush off of ebay that was the nearest size then 'made' it fit :-D
im told you can make anything fit with a big enough persuader/hammer :twisted: :roll: #-o :-D :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

citronut wrote:
Stempy wrote:Mine went like that on my old Xantia so I just got a regular engine mount bush off of ebay that was the nearest size then 'made' it fit :-D
im told you can make anything fit with a big enough persuader/hammer :twisted: :roll: #-o :-D :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:
I am aware I can break pretty much anything with a big hammer. I have proven this many times in the past. I go along the lines "If it doesn't move, hit it harder with a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it was knackered anyway",,