Xantia lambda sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

captainslow72

Xantia lambda sensor

Post by captainslow72 »

Hi all Xantia fail mot yesterday on emissions and couple of other things so have ordered new cat but want to get old lambda sensor off to go in new one as seems to be working fine. How do I get it out without damaging it? Thanks in advance Neil
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Xantia lambda sensor

Post by Mandrake »

Plenty of penetrating lubricant and a proper deep oxygen sensor socket should do it in theory. (It's just a deep socket with a slot cut in one side for the wire)

When we did mine though we found my oxygen sensor socket wasn't an ideal fit and we couldn't get it to move without it trying to round corners off the hex. So we resorted to cutting the cable and putting a long ring spanner on it that gripped a bit better. That did the trick!

When buying a socket make sure you get one deep enough - some oxygen sensors stick out more than others so you may find the socket won't actually reach the hex otherwise. In fact with my new sensor the socket wasn't quite deep enough so we ended up having to use an open ended spanner to tighten the new one, fortunately they don't have to be fitted very tight.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
captainslow72

Re: Xantia lambda sensor

Post by captainslow72 »

Cool thanks simon