ABS Light Fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sidog70
My Cars:

ABS Light Fault

Post by sidog70 »

i had a corroded wire fault which lead to losing alot of the electrics in the car, since coming back from garage it now has the ABS light on constantly and does not even flash when you start car up, its stays on from putting key in ignition til i stop, and also now the air bag light is flashing all the time.... any help will be appreciated....thank you..
sidog70
My Cars:

Post by sidog70 »

sorry forgot to add its a 1999 xantia stateside, 49,490 miles.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

The ABS light will almost certainly be an open circuit in a coax to an ABS sensor.
The fact that it only occurred after a garage has had a whack at it is cause for alarm but I'd suggest a multi meter & just start at the sensors, check for continuity and work back towards the ECU from there.
My guess is that you'll possibly find a wire or two that weren't reconnected.
Alan S
sidog70
My Cars:

Post by sidog70 »

They said the wire they replaced was from front of car to fuse box... Is it worth putting it on a diagnostics checker as soneone said could be a fault code needs clearing in the ecu
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sidog70</i>

They said the wire they replaced was from front of car to fuse box... Is it worth putting it on a diagnostics checker as soneone said could be a fault code needs clearing in the ecu
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I'd say that could be a good starting point.
Not much point going chasing problems if they have already been rectified and/or no longer exist.
Alan S