dv6 engine swap

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andrewgibson04
New User

dv6 engine swap

Post by andrewgibson04 »

Hi I'm new to the forums but I could do with a bit of help. I currently have a 2007 partner with the 1.6 hdi engine engine code 9hw. Is it possible to swap the engine with a different engine code like
9hx ??? Are the engines the same or are just the ancillary items different and different ECU ?
m300td
My Cars: citroen c8 2.2 hdi exclusive
citroen c8 2.0 hdi sx doner
Peugeot boxer 2.0 hdi
citroen c5 2.0 tourer x7
Peugeot 806 2.0 hdi

Re: dv6 engine swap

Post by m300td »

Hi basically the engines are the same but injectors and various external components are diffrent I have done somthing similar with a citroen c5 used the basic 1.6 bare engine and "dressed" it with all the parts from my old engine with no problems the only things to check are:-
1. remove the vacuum pump and check the small gauze filter to make sure it is clean and not blocked if it is blocked 9 times out of 10 the oil pick up strainer in the sump will be as well if you have got the engine out it is worth while taking the sump off to check all is nice and clean I havd seen these filled with loads of gooey oil

2. The turbo oil feed pipe and strainer is clear there is a small filter in the end of this pipe which can become clogged resulting in turbo failure

3.injector seals there are seals on the injectors if these leak this cam result in excessive carbon in the oil resulting in engine failure often a black tar substance can be seen around the top of a injector this is sure sign of seal failure

4. Use the correct oil

Hope this had helped
Malc
lexia owner nr telford